1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
:dogpile: jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus :dogpile:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Sounds awesome!! I get the feeling its gonna be a tad quicker on the quarter mile than last year.

I take it its not RWD anymore.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Yeah, I wondered about that when the fronts started turning. Maybe the rollers are linked, or can be linked.
They definately looked like they had drive.

Whenever i've run on rollers the front rollers were always covered over.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
He could of kept the name but changed the running gear. GTS-T's have a RB25DET but project GTS-T runs a RB26DETT!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
watched the video a few times now and it definately looks like its got drive to the front wheels?????

But on the webste there's no mention of them changing it and i'm sure he wouldnt as it would take away the whole reason of him doing it all to a GTST.

Anyone know how john or any of the others are doing at TOTB.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Its rwd definitely . The car is @ gt-art same as mine i know for a fact its
rwd .

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its RWD, look at how skinny the front wheels are!!

That's a good point actually, if you look at the width of the front wheels in the video, they are skinny drag wheels so highly unlikely they would cope with that sort of power, compared to the wheels on Tim Websters car or Keiths R32 drag car. Plus what Bruce said, part of the point of the project was that it was a GTS-T.

Defo RWD for my money.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
that car Sounds awesome:drool:

just wish mine sounded that good:disappointed:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would guess it's a narrowed live rear axle as well, must be some serious rubber under the back, and they're still well hidden inside the arches.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I've never seen the front rollers turn with a RWD car before, but what a great sounding car. Is it an automatic or is it sequential shift?
It runs a Jerico 5 speed gearbox with air shifter :smoker:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts