Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 months my R32 GTS-T is finally back on the road!

It has required a new battery; new power transistor unit and a new ECU. I've just got in from work and fitted the new ECU myself - and it started fine. Drove to the local Shell garage, filled up the tank and drove back again.

However, it feels different. Hard to explain really, but it didn't accelerate instantly and the kick down was non-existent. OK I only drove about 1 mile and < 3000 RPM, so that may be the case.

I've read on these forums several times that after fitting a new ECU the car should be driven hard so that it can 're-learn'. Is this true?

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems OK after 200 miles of driving - only problem is that it appears to be misfiring. It hasn't misfired in the past, but since swapping to a new ECU it is. It appears to be worse the longer it is driven for (i.e. at the start of a journey it mis-fires a lot less than at the end).

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Could be the ign coils breaking down when hot, try a refurb theres a how to in the faq section i think.

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be the ign coils breaking down when hot, try a refurb theres a how to in the faq section i think.
I tried an ECU reset though and left the car idling for 30 minutes. By the end, it was misfiring maybe once every 10 seconds, whereas prior to the rest it would misfire every second or so when idling. However, after driving it hard it misfires regularly. Would the coils be the cause if it isn't regular - i.e. it improves after a reset?

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, will check the plugs tonight. Would black suggest dirt (need cleaning), or that they've blown and need replacing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts