Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. My name is Josh and I just bought a 1990 Skyline GT-R. I love this car. Although just failed inspection due to outer tie rod ends but already ordered and hopefully arrive soon. I just thought I'd reach out locally to some people here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do. Thanks all for the welcome. The GT-R will be under for a while-new turbo manifold, turbos, down pipe elbows, down pipe and exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats going on?

I bought a 92 GTR last week didn't have a problem with the inspection this year. I have the white smoke coming from the shift boot in 5th gear and was wondering if you guys know where to get a new boot from.

Also the best places to get the 89-92 gtr parts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Did I get this right, you have smoke comin out of where your gear lever is? If yes, that will be gear oil hitting your hot transmission case due to the gear lever rubber having split/cracked. Common problem in Skylines. No big deal. You can get the rubber from any Nissan dealer if you have the part number. Also the traders on here will be able to help.

Regarding parts for your GTR it really depends on what you're looking for. There is not just one place to go. In Japan you obviously have the well known traders like RHDJapan, Nengun, Greenline and Japanparts. In UK you have plenty of options too such as Abbey Motorsport, RB Motorsport, Dyno Tuner UK etc etc. Also Dave at GTR Shop in UK is very good at sourcing parts (new and used). Especially when it comes to R32 GTRs.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome, I've got a '92 gts-t in Schweinfurt. It would be cool to get a bunch of skylines from the area to go on a trip to the ring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's spec parts and brand you going for??
I got a set of gasket matched headers, r34 steel turbos, rsr elbows/downpipe and a catback exhaust. The car is finished now. That turbo swap was the worst thing I've done on a car in a while, and I've been around imports for roughly 10 years.

All is well now though......leak free (only took 3 times taking the intake piping off)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd love to go to the ring with some other guys...how brutal is their tech inspection??? My exhaust is loud

1 - 16 of 16 Posts