Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weeellllll Heeelllloooo again, its been a long time - 2 years actually but I received a little letter from Middlehurst yesterday offering the new GTR with deposits being taken now, so I did the repectable thing and sent a cheque off immediately, so hopefully gonna be back on this here forum!

I know there is alot of speculation on the new one but the info I received said that it was going to be available in manual or tiptronic and prices starting from £55k.

Has anyone else put a deposit down for one? The official launch is in 5 days so all the material that is being banded around at the moment should surely be taken with a pinch of salt? Still love what is there at the moment though!

******!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
there have been a number of people actually,but many are thinking of importing one over themselves

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that thought crossed my mind too but I fancied an official UK spec model - they always seem to demand a higher premium, not that I'm looking to sell the car, but its always nice to have a 'proper' one

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Superb! when would you be expecting to take delivery?
I remember you... you've come along way since the aquired taste GTT :D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Bloody hell young un. You have too much money. :p

You are a complete sweetie and thorougly nice young un too. Shame that you are not much older or i would leave hubs and be married to you instead. :D:D

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey vicky!!! Gone through loads of cars since I left you all, got a SL55AMG at the moment which is absolutly amazing, faster than old mans F430 def!

Thanks for the compliments Vick but maybe we should keep this away from the public forum?!?

But about the car.......Another 5 days to see the first official photos but everyone seems to be mocking the car on 'the other side'. Personally I think its going to be fantastic, up there with the 911 Turbo in terms of performance which isn't too bad! Delivery is expected in September 08...read November probably but I think its going to be one of those cars with such presence on the road, much like the Audi R8

Anyone here put a deposit down?

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
i had to wait 4months for my car to be sent over and i was climbing the walls... a whole year :eek:

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wait is going to be a killer but all the excitement and hype will just make it all the better I think. Apparently 50 people have put deposits down already. The first 10 cars into the country are being delivered especially by Nissan wrapped up in a special cover and delivered to the door of the owner...NICE!

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Hey vicky!!! Gone through loads of cars since I left you all, got a SL55AMG at the moment which is absolutly amazing, faster than old mans F430 def!

Thanks for the compliments Vick but maybe we should keep this away from the public forum?!?

But about the car.......Another 5 days to see the first official photos but everyone seems to be mocking the car on 'the other side'. Personally I think its going to be fantastic, up there with the 911 Turbo in terms of performance which isn't too bad! Delivery is expected in September 08...read November probably but I think its going to be one of those cars with such presence on the road, much like the Audi R8

Anyone here put a deposit down?
We'll have to do a special SO.com meet just to see it once it's here.
Have to agree the SL55 AMG is an amazing car and stands out from Mercs recent trend of "lets make it as bland as possible" philosophy.
However I am surprised its faster than the F430 not that I've driven an F430 but its an interesting comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts