Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Well, i'd just like to point out, i haven't actually got the car yet, i've bought it on eBay, and i'm hopefully picking it up next week!

Also, i'm possibly your youngest skyline owner, at 16? Possibly the youngest ever skyline owner?

Anyway, i hope i can be of help on the forum (probably moreso on I.C.E than anything else) and hope i can get as much help in return!

Also, i just wanna make it clear that i don't drive illegally, the car is a project car and is gonna be garaged once one becomes available (unless my dad decides to start using it). I just wanted to clear it up that i've never driven on the roads, i've only ever driven on private land with the owners permission! I added this bit because i've had so much hassle on previous forums being accused of being a joyrider!

Anyway, i'll add some piccies when i get the car home next week. £360 well spent!

Also, can anyone clear up what the model is? I can't tell if its R32, R33 or R9826492!!!!?!?! Here's the eBay URL (apologies for the username on eBay, i was going to build a 2 Litre Zetec fezzie before i found the Skyline):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300152460195&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020

Can anyone help? Its just i need to find out what model it is so i can order the right replacement radiator from ebay and the correct silicone hoses.

Thanks and hello,
Paul

·
Registered
812 Posts
not that i kow much about the look of the 4 door but id say going on the year and shape r33 but prbly wrong some 1 will confirm tho,

goodluck wityh her mate and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heya,
thanks for the suggestion, if i remember the badge does say GTS25!

I thought GTS's were supposed to be a turbo motor?

Also, i don't recognise that rear as an R33, that was what confused me?

And yeah i know its four door :( would love a 2 door RB26DETT R34 but probably will never be able to afford it :(

Besides, at least being 4 door its a practical fast car? yeah :D

Thanks for your help btw :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, why put in a 2.5 single turbo? if i'm gonna sell an arm and a leg, may as well throw in the extra couple of kidneys and get the 2.6 twin turbo with a 2,8 stroker kit?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
GtsTs are turbos... Gts are non turbos...

You could end up getting that but i wouldnt.. Jumping into a high powered car for your first car is just asking for trouble in my eyes.

RB25Det is more than enough power... Engines internals good enough for 500 ponies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome. We love 4 door skylines on here. :D
Awesome XD I normally think 2 doors ar ebetter if your building a track car as your stripping the rear anyway, it must make teh chassis slightly stronger as its all one bit of metal not bolts and hinges ;) Also, i sometimes say it because alot of people prefer 2 door cars!

My feelings are 4 doors are the best, you get the practicality, you get the space, and if you have an accident, you have 2 more ways of getting out your car!

Besides, everyone has 2 door cars, i love being different!

Can anyone tell me how fast my skyline will be? The guy i'm buying it off has clocked it, but i also love a bit of acceleration ;) Its a 2.5 Non-Turbo Auto (i want a manual, but at £360, i'm still not complaining) with overdrive, i'm expecting it should be pretty good being a 2.5 litre straight 6?

I still miss my old turbo 940 volvo though :( had some good times with that car, including leaving a subaru for dead!

Do you know of any "bolt on" turbo kits you can buy for these cars? I know the compression ratio needs to be dropped to prevent detonation, but thats about all i know about turbo conversions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep! my dads mate owns a large field thats fairly empty, so my dad drives me down there in it, he go's off with tom for a couple of hours (basically till i run out of fuel), chucks some from a petrol can in and we go home :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Wish i had a Dad like that :) Sounds like hes cool... Tell him to buy an r34 gtr or GTT and join up :)

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Welcome mate. Its deffo an r33 gts 4 door. You got a good project car there. I hope to see this build up nicely soon :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Seasoned Member
2,904 Posts
welcome young man the the club
you have a good motor there it is an r33 gts spec 1
same colour as the wifes
you will get the answers you need from here just dont be embarrassed to ask
we all started out with very limited knowledge
best of luck with the rebuild mate

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:D Cheers for all the awesome welcomes!

Thanks to everyone for confirming what model my car was, say the whole lot in one go and its a mouthful...

nissan Skyline R33 Spec 1 2.5 Litre Straight 6 Non Turbo Automatic 4 door saloon :D

The car will probably be a slow build as i haven't actually got a job yet (possibly starting an alloy wheel business, its whats paying for the skyline,a ll the old alloys in my garage!), and i am hoping to start earning some decent cash on eBay to fund the car :) Still, i don't want to skip on the quality of parts (minus the SPL subs idea, forgive me on that one, they look good lol!) and i'd rather wait an extra week to raise the money for the higher quality version of a product!

Yeah, my dads an awesome guy, he got me into cars (though i don't think he expected me to get into modifying) and he came with me to view the skyline. he now has no bottom teeth because his jaw hit the floor so hard and he instantly fell in love with it!

I'd love to see him being a tarmac terrorist in a 2.6L twin turbo r34, but seeing as he has equally (in fact, less) money than me, i can't see it happening! Besides if i ever get one he'll probably borrow it enough to call it his own! If he can fight me out of the drivers seat :rofl:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.