Skyline Owners Forum banner
301 - 311 of 311 Posts
Hi,

We currently have our FMIC without Fan blade trimming on here at £239 however please be aware there may be additional shipping costs to ship this to USA.

We can offer our D1 FMIC for only £269 to SkylineOwners members however please be aware there may be additional shipping cost to ship this to USA also. :cheers:
What's the advantage of the D1 in real terms? I understand that fitting's easier, but how much easier? In other words, what's the difference in fitting from one to the other.

I suppose at the end of the day what I'm asking for is the fitting guides for both so I can see if it's worth spending the extra to make for an easier fit.

If it helps, I have an ER34 with an OEM bumper.

With a normal fmic, you need to drill a 3 inch hole into the engine bay from underneath the washer bottle with a hole saw, and trim the blades of the viscous fan. With this one, it just uses the same holes the standard one used. I expect you still have to shave bits off the aircon fan though.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #303 ·
What's the advantage of the D1 in real terms? I understand that fitting's easier, but how much easier? In other words, what's the difference in fitting from one to the other.

I suppose at the end of the day what I'm asking for is the fitting guides for both so I can see if it's worth spending the extra to make for an easier fit.

If it helps, I have an ER34 with an OEM bumper.
With a normal fmic, you need to drill a 3 inch hole into the engine bay from underneath the washer bottle with a hole saw, and trim the blades of the viscous fan. With this one, it just uses the same holes the standard one used. I expect you still have to shave bits off the aircon fan though.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Well you've pretty much answered that one for us, Stuart. Unfortunately I don't think we have fitting guides for these kits as we recommend these are installed by a professional mechanic if you have no experience :cheers:

Discussion starter · #307 ·
301 - 311 of 311 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.