Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was chattin away to my workm8 2day, (well arguing he rides a bike neway i'm digressing), and he said that because of the tints on bike helmet visors, police are now clamping down on window tints on cars (except limos), just wonderd wether this was true or wether he was talkin out his backside as usual. :40oz:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yup, there is a law on tints on front side windows, not sure what exactly it is, but my friend had his V40 Volvo tinted (nice :rolleyes: ) and the guy told him there was only a certain shade he was allowed up to, so he had the rear ones done darker!! :???: Now it looks like a van!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea our company is a ***** to see out of in dark, still its good for shaggin in cos no one can see ya :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
its a law to be a certain darkness only allowed on windows. As standard cars have tinted glass from manufacturers sometime.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhhh its come in2 light now, ah well he fought it was funny cos he kept gettin ****ed off at rozzers cos of his helmet (pun inteded ty)

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
30% tint is the max allowed on an approved helmet. Anything over and they will give you a fine. Also, those mirror effect ones too.

I imagine car tint would be 30% also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why should limos be exempt?
Probaly has something to do with the same reason Vans are alowed. If they are carrying good worth over 10k(something like that) then they are alowed. So i guess the limo's are carrying people that are insured for alot of money and need to be keeped out of public eye.

Only a guess though

·
Registered
87 Posts
As far as I know

You can black out your rear window and rear side small windows

drivers and passenger sides no more than %30 And you can not put any tint on your front window.

Limos front window is always clear.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hes got coloured bulbs on his R6 now aswell, just put them in yesterday and he said how many times do u think they'll pull me now? i wasn't too sure wether to answer him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts