Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've just joined your forum as after years of longingly driving skylines in Gran Turismo I've finally taken the plunge and bought an R33 GTS.

The only issue I have is that friends of mine seem to think that the three spoke alloys that are currently fitted make me out to be some form of pimp and/or 80s casualty.

Is this opinion widespread or are they jealous?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
3 spoke alloys in Japan are seen as a race style alloy, more air ventilation than anything else to the brake area to cool.

But in the UK its a different story really, its down to preference. Not a lot of people race, on track. So therefore its down to styling more than anything else.

Welcome to the board and hope your days of skylining will be a happy one.

Any questions just ask were all mad, but happy to help if we can.

Put up some pictures sometime so we can see your new beastie.

Sarky

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
welcome mate! yep, unfortunately as Mr Sarky says, in Japan 3 spokes are race cool...but in the UK its not seen as cool! personal preference really!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

They are quite 80s but I kinda like that look...... now where's my hair gel and miami vice cd soundtrack

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
nowt wrong with da vice ;)

In Sussex become a member and show your face at thew Christmas meet :)

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Volk 3 spokes are cool!! Are they Volk?
Anyway, welcome aboard matey.

·
Registered
705 Posts
hi there!
everyone here is really helpful and quality, im retarded and they always help me !! :)

jaffa...on GT you dont have to replace your engine after every race do you? :p

phrozen

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Welcome

And as you're in Sussex, if you're near Brighton, come up to the Devil's Dyke restaurant on Saturday. Meet from 11am onwards. There's a thread about it somewhere on here.

On another topic:

If you can't afford your car in GT3, get GT Concept, get 50% complete and it gives you 10 million credits on your GT3 save game. It's the only way I can get cars quick enough to offset my appalling lack of technique.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I can't do the GT games. I just can't play them to save my life. Bought Toca Race driver last week and having lots of fun with that. I'm driving a Supra at the moment but hope to move onto the R34 GTR shortly. hehe

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might just do that Devils Dyke thing - thank you

The wheels are Impul racing alloys - although I have no idea if that is good, bad or what.

Apparently the new Gran Turismo (4) will let you race over t'internet

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
i will be at the devils meet will look out for you, post a pic if you can so i know what car to look out for:)

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
I'll be at the Devil Dyke meet aswell..... a piccie would be good so we can look out for you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
new mo-ur pics

Finally found a camera and time at work to do a scan.

I tried to get the South Downs in the background to make it more picturesque but got more of the industrial estate. Oh well, hope it meets with approval.

Attachments

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Alfonso, don't park next to mine !!!

I've got Volke three spoke on mine and I'm a 50's reprobate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts