Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...
new to club, picking up my dream (r33 gts-t) on saturday and need a little advice as it will be modded straight away but got a couple of questions first.
have got a g-max universal air filter in garage and want to know if will be suitable to simply replace standard air box with it?
wots the safe maximum boost i can run without damage to turbo for at least 20,000 mls? (too skint to fork out on repairs short term!)
going to fit aftermarket boost gauge (tim - cheap i know but...)
also want to fit manual actuator - any cheap suggestions?
looking for lowering springs (again cheap) any suggestions. have had g-max in past and seemed to work on my 200sx.
next will be a chip... not a clue here, but my mate did my last one on the 200 for £75.00 all in. am i expecting to do it all too cheap?
paid cash for car and the insurance...wow..so hardly any cash left.

new owner requiring help!

cheers

nick

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Welcome honoured guest!

The first thing to budget for if it's left you short has got to be petrol! Don't underestimate it's ability to consume vast amounts of the earth's dwindling reserves of oil. *thinks* Hang on, if my school teacher was right there isn't any oil left now!

As you're (also) on a budget run it a while and see if it needs anything more vital (Cambelt? Service?)

Anyway, i'm no expert so i'll just say that anything will be more accurate than a std boost gauge, and max safe boost depends on turbo (ali or plastic compressor etc.) and other unknown factors. Chip - £75 will just about get it out of the car :D
With lowering springs you should get the geometry setup so more expense. Keep an eye on the For Sale section.

But hey, spend it before someone else does :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers forda replys... its a standard turbo me finks... but wots that about ithe chip...??? £75.00 where from? wot will it do? i believe that a fuel cut defender something or other will not damage me engine if i increase boost? or am totally wrong...
apologies if this is not the right section to ask these type of q`s. will post similar in tech enquires?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Personal recommendation for maximum plastic impeller boost on a skyline is between .8 and .85 anything above that and your dicing not only with turbo but potentially with bits of metal going through yoru engine if the turbo does blow.

So keep the boost down.

On the subject of boost gauges I have a blitz boost gauge for sale for £80, but could never be bothered to put it up for sale.

Lastly welcome to the club, any questions just post them up. If you dont ask you wont find out.

Lets see the car as soon as you can !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts