Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's begun, R33 GTR forged rims fitted freshly re-furbished.
Full exhaust done, HKS down-pipe, Japspeed de-cat-silencer, 3.5" twin-box (although the mid-box is the smallest 'resonator' absorbtion-type silence ever), S/steel 'Blitz' copy cat-back system, nice rumble at tickover, seems quieter with more revs, perfect.
3.5" ish maybe slightly bigger, I can get my fat hand/arm up it!!! and with the de-cat silencer (no bungs) it's still I'd guess about 97db.
Pics tomorow, I'm beat.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the offsets like on the gtr wheels Andy? Do they both line up with the gtst's arches okay? What tire sizes are you using?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
The offset on R33 GTR wheels on a GTS-t is perfect, fills the arches no mods at all.
Tyres..... there are budget limits..... 255/40/17 rear verdesteins ultratac?, 235/45/17 front goodyear excellence, runners from ebay, all good no damage/repairs.
Oh and there is a GTR rear brace now fitted, keeping it Nissan where I can.
Can you see how BIG the exhaust is? all the way through.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers, good to know in case I ever consider downsizing.

Thats provocative of you, here's my reasoned response.....
The reasons for those sizes are to do with balance and control, NOT posing.
It's been a long journey for me, and keeping un-sprung weight down is a priority, hence 17's and not larger, and tyre size to suit application,
I'm not even going to fit bigger discs, just braided lines and Yellowstuff pads, to keep that CRITICAL un-sprung weight to a minimum....
You go ahead and over rim/over tyre and over weight your car, I KNOW what makes them fast.
A bit like that odd thread about most powefullest gts-t, if you ain't raced it, if you ain't 1/4 mile'd it, IT IS ALL TALK.

·
12,294 Posts
Not sure how it's provocative mate, been toying with the idea of going down to 17's for a while. Do a search through my old posts if you want to see for yourself, I've made several posts on the subject as I too suspect 17's would be better for handling. And tire prices. All I'm saying is I've not decided either way yet, and if I do decide to downsize then your info will be useful. Is that okay mate? :)

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Fitted same to mine a few weeks back regarding the GTR alloys - offsets are ideal - 17" for cheap tyres and their nice n wide so to give me great traction and grip and look ok as well - practicality over bling :D

·
West Sussex Area Rep
4,952 Posts
Not sure how it's provocative mate, been toying with the idea of going down to 17's for a while. Do a search through my old posts if you want to see for yourself, I've made several posts on the subject as I too suspect 17's would be better for handling. And tire prices. All I'm saying is I've not decided either way yet, and if I do decide to downsize then your info will be useful. Is that okay mate? :)

I'll swap with you :D I like posing lol

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I should have started a 'projects' thread about this car.....?
Anyway, driftworks braided brake lines here.
Brought some bits from Moff, arriving Monday/Tuesday...
All going well.
Bodywork wise it will stay as it is, a few little dents to be pushed out but nothing bad, and just leave Nissans lovely clean lines alone.
I have the Skyline love back.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Have you done the autobox mod yet chap.I'd like to know how long it takes as I'll give it a try after work one evening.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you done the autobox mod yet chap.I'd like to know how long it takes as I'll give it a try after work one evening.
Not yet, I am still waiting for the V5, nothing dodgy the provinence is good, just isn't taxed yet, so as soon as it is taxed I can drive it to my mates ramp and get it done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts