Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts
grom said:
is it just me or does it look like a mustang?

What Mustang you been looking at??? LOL, I quite like it. We've just got to move with the times people!

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
Spearmint said:
I wouldn't say no to it but in all essence the GTR badge should of stayed with the R34.
I will reserve judgement until specs are released, and some tests...

Previous GTR's have been killers, alots changed since the R34, far better cars have been released since for it to catch up with. If it is a track monster out of the box, with iconic looks, then it deserves the badge, imo.

It might not have an RB, but we dont know much about this supposed VQ45DETT that it's rumoured to have. Who knows what tuning potential it has, it could be an R34 killer, right out of the showroom.

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
I think it looks like Nissan are simply moving with the times and updating an iconic performance marque. Personally, I reckon it'll look good, sound great and, if it doesn't go fast enough already, will be easy to tune! :)

Can't wait to see the finished article in the metal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Freeky clown thats the sort of thing i mean. i did just say it kinda looked like a mustang.

as Hi5 says times have changed. when the 32 came out it was the ultimate. the 33 was good in all respects was still i giant killer with a more sensible price tag. the 34 improved on that but stayed very similar to the original but the cars it was aiming to beat got faster and more advanced 911/M3 etc.

it will take a new breed of GTR to truly rival these cars out of the box.

i am optamistic about the GTR and when i see it in the flesh i will proberly love it more. but the main reason i like it is that it will hopefully reduce the R34 price to somthing i can attain sooner rather than later.

·
Seasoned Member
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I must say that in those pics they covered up the best bits...the carbon fibre niceness at the front, although i still dont like the look, mind you i dont like the r32 either *shrugs*

·
Registered
322 Posts
yup Nissan is just moving on with the times, i for one think it looks fantastic, im pretty certain Nissan know the Skyline is a cult iconic hero worldwide and im sure they will try their best to only better the R34 in everyway they can, however i dont think the R34 prices will drop much over the release of this car as im sure the masses will agree that the R34 is the last of the "REAL" Skylines but hey wtf do i know lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts