Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need the peoples help from skylineowners to help me on this one... I have a 1993 R33 Nissan Skyline Gtst and i am thinking about doing an engine swap... But i have some questions... My first question is, Will you be able to fit a Rb26dett in my car??? With everything the same or what type of mods would i have to do... Another thing would be would i have to get a new transmition... The next thing would be my Sky is RWD would i have to convert it back to AWD or would i be able to just keep it RWD???

·
Registered
812 Posts
My first question is, Will you be able to fit a Rb26dett in my car??? Easy, plenty of people have done it before.

With everything the same or what type of mods would i have to do... Go from an AFM to a MAP sensor type ecu, and maybe a few other bits and bobs.

Another thing would be would i have to get a new transmition...No

The next thing would be my Sky is RWD would i have to convert it back to AWD or would i be able to just keep it RWD??? No although you might have to uprate the aerial, as the standard GTSt one can't cope with the RB26 vibrations.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,676 Posts
You Need Gtr Loom And Have To Modify Your Sump..also Need To Shave Back Of Flywheel. There Are Several Done That Conversion Over Here For Drift Cars Etc Awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
What do you mean upgrade my aerial...
Basically due to the extra 100cc in the GTR there is significantly increased vibration, a result of this is that the std GTS-T aerial suffers from 'Transmission Wobble'. If you private message any of the authorised traders on on here and ask for the 'Titanium GTR aerial upgrade' they will sort you out :)

Do not drive the car until you do this mod because frankly it's just dangerous.

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
Basically due to the extra 100cc in the GTR there is significantly increased vibration, a result of this is that the std GTS-T aerial suffers from 'Transmission Wobble'. If you private message any of the authorised traders on on here and ask for the 'Titanium GTR aerial upgrade' they will sort you out :)

Do not drive the car until you do this mod because frankly it's just dangerous.
too true id hate for u to have a nasty accident mate

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K ill get some pictures up when this is finished thanks for the advice and yeah i would hate for something to happen to my car... I cherish that car like it is my kid... As everyone should treat their Skylines... Thanks for helping me out with this... Ill be sure to post the pics and let you know how it goes...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do i just go to the "parts for sale" forum on here to ask for this Titanium GTR aerial upgrade or is there somewhere else and how much do you think it is going to run me...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Titanium gtr aerial's are getting hard to get now, we had to use the iriduim tipped clothes hanger :rofl: :sorry:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang so you dont think it is going to be easy to actually find one... Do you think there is a site that would carry them or are they just not producing now...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ready to buy my new engine but can you give me some sites that sell rb26 engines... If you can find some that are already modified... Post as many as you want... I need lots... Thanks guys...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.