Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hooray hooray. Got new radiator fitted today & its back to normal again.
I broke my Abbey virginity today & ventured down.
Thanks to Mark & the guys at for sorting me out & showing us the R34 power run. Ive heard rumours that you guys were friendly & all i can say is they`re completely true. Top guys.
Although i only went down for the rad i went prepared & came away with a 2nd hand GTR exhaust & de-cat pipe.
All i`ve got to do now is make a small joining pipe & me Mrs will go bananas,not to mention the neighbours when i get home from work at 5am.

Once again thanks to Abbey & thanks to everyone on here who helped. You know who you are:D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
thats what i like to hear, another satisfied customer... maybe i'll get a discount next time (or maybe not...)

Oi Mark... Wheres my turbo elbow and cam gear?

Paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Weh Hey Eddie, get that zorst on mate.....If you've gotta be up at that time then let every one know about it !

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant wait to get it on. Its an R34 GTR jobbie. All ive got to do is make a 50mm long extension pipe for the front & it`ll fit. Doing it next week while the wheels are off getting re-finished & the car is on axle stands.

Will that & the de-cat pipe make much difference? Apparently its got a different downpipe too.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
You will notice a big difference, the best result I got was the downpipe and zorst. Plays pretty tunes and makes it go so much better

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The downpipe was already on. I didn`t even know. Think Mark said its got HKS head gasket too & 1 of their chip upgrades.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thinking about tinting the rear windows now to complete the stealth look. Maybe i`ll go to the rolling road day & find out what its got.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Probably got a bit more than usual with a steel head gasket normally comes an uprated turbo and boost

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont think its got a new blower but he mentioned it was running more boost. Should have asked more questions.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Eddie,
If its not got an all steel turbo conversion then you cant really run more than .8 / .9 bar rather negating the need for the head gasket but willl likely be popping out around 300bhp at the fly

One the other hand it does make the next step much more cost effective though, a fuel pump, pressure regulator, injectors, and a re chip and then you'll be prodding that 300bhp and then some at wheels :D

Me

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the head gasket was probably done when the engine got re-built & not just done on its own. The guy who had it before me ran it on normal unleaded,it went bang & had 6 new pistons. Mark mentioned it had the HKS gasket. Would Abbey re-build it with a std gasket? I really wish i knew more about it. Hopefully Mark will read this & clear it up.
As for the fuel system. I think it`ll have to wait a while.

I`ve heard your car is a bit quick Robo.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Eddie,
best thing to do is send him and email, im sure they will have on record what was doen and what parts were used

Mine is quite nippy but im bored with it at the moment, im all skylined out so im not sure what im going to do...

Paul

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a copy of all the work thats been done on it & ive got all the receipts here. I had a look after i posted earlier & there`s no part No.s so cant be sure what gasket went on. Although judging by the price i doubt now if its goodun.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Eddie,
yep you are right no head gasket sorry, anyway get the exhaust and de-kat fitted , fit some off those Iridium plugs sarky,s getting , and then drop down one afternoon and we will give it a dyno run to check and set up boost and then your car
is at stage 1 !!!!. most cost effective boost controller is the Trust
profec B these are £346-00 inc vat.
good luck with the exhaust fitting.:D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its on Mark & looking good. Made the extension pipe 1st thing this morning & it fitted a treat. No problems at all except the wire to the cat. When i get my wheels fitted & some new tyres i`ll be down for that dyno run. Thanks for the exhaust. There will be some beer tokens in the post asap.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish i knew mate but theres now wheels on the car. There off to get re finished. Thought id kill 3 birds with 1 stone cos im gonna do the rear pads as well. I`ll have to wait till the weekend before i can try it out. It looks better anyway & sounds a lot deeper.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Rear pads are real easy mate, no handbrake adjuster to worry about, straight out and straight in.
Zorst looks kosher

1 - 19 of 19 Posts