Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its name is "Egg Plant"!

So much fun getting back on a bike in over 10 years! Can still hop/manual like when I was a kid :D

Basically this will get me into town and back as parking is a b!tch, and wanted something cheap so that it's not the end of the world if it gets nicked/dinged... Well that was the plan, got this DIRT CHEAP for what it is!

For those that ride/used to, it's a Premium - Death Trap (Garret Reynolds 2011) before he left Premium. So by no means a bad bit of metal for a commuter!

Was expecting it to be a bit knocked up being 3 years old now, but it's pretty much brand new... no buckles, no scratches, and not a spot of rust on any bolts..

Bearings for the crank and chain have already been replaced for up-rated ones (seem to fail quick on this bike!) and I'l be throwing on some Marathon tyres so I don't have to worry about punctures then I'm all set :D

So far, I love it. It's like being a kid again! Although I don't remember riding being this exhausting!

·
12,294 Posts
I started riding my bike again too, since I could do with the exercise, and I only work 4 miles from home so the car was barely getting warmed up before turning it off again. Saving me plenty of fuel, but I can't say I feel any fitter even though I've been doing it for about 3 months now! My waist has gone down a little, but I'm still knackered after each trip!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started riding my bike again too, since I could do with the exercise, and I only work 4 miles from home so the car was barely getting warmed up before turning it off again. Saving me plenty of fuel, but I can't say I feel any fitter even though I've been doing it for about 3 months now! My waist has gone down a little, but I'm still knackered after each trip!
haha. to be honest I can remember being really fit until I got introduced to beer...

I'm still not sure it;s to blame so I shall continue to drink for a few more years just encase that's not it..

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Haha, I got really fit just before I met the mrs 250 press ups before work a quick run and some 150 sit ups and then weights and a run when i got home ... now id be lucky if I could bench 100kg or do 25 pressups before I keeled over

Sent from my GT-I9505

·
Registered
743 Posts
Still got my old bikes including my old freeystyle bmx. Keep wanting to restore it but being 37 feel a bit too old to ride it now :(

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
I only retired riding my 84 supergoose 4 years ago. The halfpipe don't work as well when you're 40+ haha. Going home with ripped jeans & bloody knees was quite funny at my age.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Still got my old bikes including my old freeystyle bmx. Keep wanting to restore it but being 37 feel a bit too old to ride it now :(
You're never too old! Chap next to me is 36 and he's got his old Raleigh Burner, even managed to get one of the old kid's ones for his little girl to match. Rides it whenever he goes to car shows lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts