Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm excited, but I am finally getting my new rims back at 5pm tonight. Can't wait. Bought 'em in late february in need of refurbing, and since then they're been stripped to bare metal by me by hand, sent away to a metal polisher and mirror polished, and lately, away at a painters having the insides done in a wicked black slate with gold fleck flip.

Should look foo**n awesome. Cannae wait!

Needless to say, there will be pics up tonight.

Excited? Thats me. Just gotta get the rubber back on them and put em on the car (saturday morning).

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here they are.....

Just got to put the bolts and valves back in and mount the tyres (saturday morning!).

A Million thanks to gary at GT-ART for sorting me out with these wicked rims, and as usual, at a great price!

I love that shine..... Pics don't do the inside paint any justice though, the flip goes thru black, gold and purple!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a brand new

set of uniroyal RTT -2 Rallye's that came with the wheels (Gary musta been mad!), 235/45/ZR17 front, 255/40/ZR17 rear. Been lying in the bedroom for months (not made me popular, constant smell of rubber!).

Gonna stick out a bit methinks with the hub adaptors on, so time to speak to Darkstar about some rear wings/arches.....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guy that sprayed

the insides said its called 'Black Slate', not sure what the flip is called though, its got gold, purple, green and red tints depending on how the sunlight hits it.

To be honest, I love the paint so much I might wait for a month or so and then get the outside of the spokes done as well, its wicked!

At £50 to paint 4 wheels, I can't complain!

Got to get the boot lid resprayed first though. :(

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
£50 Now thats a bargain..:cool: ..have you seen someones selling an r32 gtr bootlid with spoiler on the 'other' forum, might be of interest to you..:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least

an inch beyond that.... More like Arch cutting and extending time, or seriously stiffer rear springs time. Had some tyre/arch contact earlier at speed, not impressive to say the least!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
suppose an inch ain't to bad, i take it the fronts not so bad then...i'm looking at some new suspension myself soon and going a bit lower so be interested to see how you get on...:cool:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is about 4mm

clearance inside the front and rear of the front arch when I turn the wheel.... very close...

Might go down a size in sidewall and see what happens (on the rear). Its either that, buy some REALLY stiff springs... Or get arches made and the existing ones cut. Arse.

PS.... GOt the PowerFC yet? ;) git. :D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
How about getting the back discs skimmed, rolling the arches and getting them hammered out a little bit....and for the front lovely fat gtr arches plus binning the plastic inner arch..:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool idea....

Thing is... Why would I need to skim the discs on the rear?

Re Power FC.... Glad I didn't now, in case getting the wheels INTO the arches is going to cost big bucks. Enjoy it!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
lol.....ignore the disc thing...just had a noesy at me discs and theres only about 5 mil there anyway...was thinking about bringing the wheels in alittle...:doh:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just figured it out actually...

Wonder if I could skim the hub though? (ie the drum housing). Could be a few mil in that.

Well, at the mo its on hold til I decided which way to go. Stiffer springs could solve the issue initially, but I still need wider rear arches somehow. Could also fit stoppers to the rear struts to limit the compression..... Hmm......

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
good point the hub could be a go'er, must admit i've not had a good noesy at them yet but by the sounds of it arches are gonna be the thing....might not be a bad thing though as the rear r32 gtst arches seem a bit prone to rust so a big chop out and fibre glass jobbies could be a real nice solution..:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts