Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh most knowledgeable Skyline Owners......

Best place in the South East area (I'm near Windsor) to get a new set of rims & rubber?

I know some people have had problems with speedo readings with larger rims, what is the best size wheel and tyre combination to go for?

1993 R33 GTS-T

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Just to give you an idea, my car runs on the following sizes.
front 8J x 17 225/45/17.
rear 9J x 17 255/40/17.

Hope this helps

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Shadow Wheels and Tyres. 12 Commercial Road. Reading. 01189 212161. Not so easy to find but I can help with directions if you need.
This is a small business so dont expect massive show rooms, but he is quite popular and most helpfull usually.
(I replied cos you would have to wait ages for Isaac)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
ooo heard bad things about shadow and his suppliers a time ago. Hasnt got a good name with me.

What about Elite Wheels ? Behind battle hospital in Reading ?

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Also try ATS in Slough , he has some good deals going on there, my mate got a really nice set for a supra for a good price..

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Skylineboy, yes he does a range of Yank wheels.
The only prob I see with him is that as he is virtually a one man band and he probably gets overwhelmed sometimes.
Elite are fine as long as you want what elite stock.
I asked about BK racing, locking wheel nuts for mine only to be told no one did em mate.
I phoned BK and had a set the next morning.
We all have our experiences with suppliers, suppose its the luck of the draw sometimes, or what mood they are in, service from Brit suppliers and retailers is crap generally.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Bling Bling ... spinners.. way to go

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
No... Lots of Money but loads of Style

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
20 inch rims, MASSEEEEVE!!! :D

Wouldnt go for the bling bling spinners though Skylineboy, thats a bit much I reckon, although it could be good if you dressed up as Mr T or something.. :rolleyes: :D

My new wheels are 9x17 with 245/45/17 all round, bit large on the front... oh well!! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts