Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is just a probing thread to see how many of you we have down here in the South West (not so far from Chard), and what you all look for in a garage. We are not registered traders on here yet, but I had a word with Keith (BigChief) and he doesn't mind me asking a few questions. At this stage, it's only fair that I don't give our company name or location - I've been using forums for a few years and don't wish to attempt to bring in custom without paying for the advertising.

I wanted to do a bit of local research to find out where people are in the region, and if/when/where you all meet up. Our rolling road is a 1,200bhp Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno (two-wheel drive), and we'll be putting on plenty of rolling road days as well as giving one-off power runs and other rolling road-based services (not wanting to say too much, for advertising reasons!).

Hope to hear from a few of you, and if there's a number of you down here, expect to see me popping back up with more details :bigthumb:

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
by the looks of yr premisis yr nearly ready for business and from when we have met up i'd say ill be coming down for some bits done, and obviously have mine on the rollers.....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh I don't know about that Keith, I'll have to check the weight limit on the rollers, not sure a lardy car like yours would be okay ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi I'm near Bridgwater so you'd be just about the most local place I can find!

What do I want? Someone local who understands Skylines and can take care of tuning requirements, mapping, servicing and MOTs, if you can do all these things reliably then you will have my custom mate ;) . Will save me a bleedin' fortune in fuel driving all over the country:drivin:

Next mod will be a FMIC I reckon, guess you can do this?:wave:

TC

PS: now NEED to know who you are and where you are!!!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sarge - Promises promises! I expect to see a filthy car ;)

caset - We have one or two customers from Bridgwater already, it's not far for them at all :) Servicing we can do, but not MOTs. I feel your pain when it comes to finding a garage that takes care of cars, particularly when it comes to routine work like MOTs - the perfect test bed for apprentices unforunately! Mapping will be carried out on a select few cars in the early days, but engine management supply/fitment/mapping will grow as a service offered to the public. A friend of mine has an R32 GTS-T, and I plan to experiment on his car in several areas. A Ford man at heart, I love Skylines and plan to find a nice R33 GTS-T at the earliest opportunity, possibly to use as a bit of a demo car.

What front mount are you looking for? There is a fabricator on our businesss park, and we use his services regularly, though I appreciate there is a wide selection of beautifully-crafted FMICs out there for the Skyline range already! Fitment of a cooler would be no problem at all :) We're within 25 miles of you matey.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Haw, hee, haw, c'est tres bleedin' bon! Will probably buy 'off-the-shelf' for the front-mount but certainly will need it fitted and will definitely need servicing and 'MOT prep' if not the test. All good, look fwd to seeing you as an Authorised Trader, we need someone in Somerset. Only 25 miles....dreamland!

pm me as a reminder when you're up and running mate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My colleague, Steve, who is responsible for the majority of mechanical work, regularly has cars through for servicing and pre-MOT checks, so that's not a problem either. We're aiming to have a grand open day/weekend next weekend, all being well, but I'll post details up as and when. Will no doubt be in touch with you in due course :) I'm glad to see there are a few Skylines knocking about down here - shouldn't be too hard to find one after all!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
woo hoo some one local

1 - 13 of 13 Posts