Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am new to the forums as I just purchased my first skyline (although second right hand drive nissan). I am wondering if this is a good place for people in the states to check in on for parts and other such things. At this point in time I am pretty clueless about where to get OEM parts for the vehicle if/when needed as Nissan USA hardly admits these cars even exist. Obviously this will be a great place to search for knowledge on the vehicle. Heck my buddy who is an installer showed me the site after searching on google about how to remove the rear seat. If I could get OE parts here as well that would be awesome though. Don't need anything specifically at this point in time but I can see this place becoming my new home online haha. More than anything just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I have a 1995 Skyline GTS-T. It's bone stock with 145,000 KM on it but everything that was in need of repair was taken care of when it came off the boat in Cali. Very clean car that I will be slowly upgrading over time as I have the money. I live in Arizona.

My other right hand drive nissan is a 1990 S13 Nissan Silvia. It has had an RB25DET engine and transmaission swapped into it and it was converted to a manual. All the work to the car was done in Okinawa Japan. I have had that car for a few years and am absolutely loving it. It has a lot of modifications done to it and is completely and totally set up for drifitng, even though its my car that I just basically drive up and down the street haha. When I found the skyline though I knew I needed to have it. As a side note the Silvia is for sale if anyone is interested as I really can't keep both. The Silvia can be seen at www.madhatta.com. I don't have any pictures of the skyline up yet.

Greg

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum Greg :wave:

We have traders in the 'Authorised Trader' section of the forum who would be able to help you out with parts. If not able to ship to Arizona themselves, then point you in the right direction :)

Nice place Arizona, spent a while in Tucson and had a great time :bigthumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome General Banter and thats good that I can get some parts possibly when I need them because I know they have to be out there somewhere in the world haha.

I live about 75 miles southeast of Tucson so I know that area very well.

Again thanks for the welcome this looks to be a good community.

Greg

edit: in the authorized traders section how would I go about looking for say a stock GTR wing for my R33? I am not so sure I want to keep the rounded wing that I am assuming only came on the GTS models.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

assuming your talking about the front end if you fit a GTR wing to your GTS you will also need the bonnet (hood), front bumper (fender), head lights and grill

if you are refering to the rear spoiler try Jo and Albert at Knight Racer in the traders section

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum. seeing as your an RB owner you'll know the mechanics of the engine.

Definalty the traders on here for parts. There is always ebay as well, but "use at own risk". Its very hit and miss regarding price and especially quality.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
Thanks for the welcome General Banter and thats good that I can get some parts possibly when I need them because I know they have to be out there somewhere in the world haha.

I live about 75 miles southeast of Tucson so I know that area very well.

Again thanks for the welcome this looks to be a good community.

Greg

edit: in the authorized traders section how would I go about looking for say a stock GTR wing for my R33? I am not so sure I want to keep the rounded wing that I am assuming only came on the GTS models.
knightracer do them, we call them "spoilers" over here :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wow everyone thank you for the warm welcome. Yes I was referring to the rear spoiler. I apologize as my buddies and I have gotten to calling them wings lately. Oh well we seem to change up the terminology all the time haha.

Broph 99: I was never actually in Okinawa. The guy I bought it from was over there and had it built then brought it back. I wish though. I heard skylines are ridiculously cheap there :).

I will check out knightracer for sure. Would that place alos be a good source for replacement clear headlight covers? Mine are a bit fogged out. I am going to attempt to have them recleared but we'll see what happens. They hnavbe this nasty yellow dinge to them. Oh well I will check that place out now.

Thanks again for the welcome guys this seems like a great forum.

·
2nd Skyline now great.
163 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum
As for the yellow lights i used toothpaste.A great tip off this site,and it cleaned them up a treat and believe me mine where a deep yellow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I take it the fogging is on the outside of the light then? I don't need to disassemble the housing? What should I use to wipe the toothpaste on with?

Thanks for the help.

·
2nd Skyline now great.
163 Posts
toothpaste wise i just squeezed it out of the tube onto an old rag and worked it in small circles onto the outside of the light.Very slowly and then rinshed off.After a few goes it became patchy so i spend a little more time on the left yellow areas,till it was clear. Worked a real treat and lights completley clear and see through now.
Not sure if makes a difference but a friend tried the same process on his Toyota and he used a really cheap toothpaste and he had no luck clearing the lense.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
anything with a slight abrasive action will cut the headlights smooth,toothpaste has silica in it

welcome to the forum btw,that must be very hot out there,will you be doing any special mods to hte coolant system?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Umm no planned mods to the coolant system. The car has been in tucson for a few years now which is hotter than where I am and the previous owners had no issues with the vehicle overheating even with the AC on in the middle of summer. I will try the toothpaste solution though. Thanks for the heads up on that guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts