Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Picked up a R33 GTST last friday so thought i`d post up and say hello! Its a 96 on a P plate in silver/grey. Pretty standard at the mo apart from exhaust, air filter, boost controller and apexi power fc.

Long term I`d like to get it to around 420bhp (I heard that standard internals can take 450, is this correct?) What else would I need to achieve the power i`m looking for?

By the way, i live neear Sutton in Surrey, are there any other local skyline owners? :)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Welcome to the mad house! :wave:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need to get some decent pics but for now the best one I have is.....

Not sure if I should be talking about it here or in another part of the site but my speedo keeps randomly cutting out and coming back on when I drop down to about 20Mph. Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like your spedo convertor may not have been fitted properly, all connections are supposed to be soldered, you may have a dry joint, this can happen if the wires are not "tinned" before soldering.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Pretty standard at the mo apart from exhaust, air filter, boost controller and apexi power fc.

Thats a very good start the apexi power fc and boost controller is a must.

and it looks like a do-luk body kit.

Get some pics up especially of the engine bay we may be able to tell you what else has been done.

To get that sort of power you'll need to start with things like fuel pump, colder spark plugs and injectors.

Then head gasket and a better turbo or uprated one

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome aboard, your find plenty of useful info on here.

For an over 400bhp conversion have a look at my garage.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Welcome mate......

You enjoying her then.......
:D

Have fun dude....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome mate......

You enjoying her then.......
:D
Oh yes! I`m loving it! lol

Before the skyline I had (and still have) a 200Sx S13 tuned to 310bhp. Even though the 200 is still quicker for now, the skyline just feels SOOOO smoothe! I cant believe how well they stick to the road aswell! At the moment the car is almost standard and its awesome! Cant wait til I start getting the engine/handling properly sorted! :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again for the nice welcome :)

Does anyone happen to know what paint code matches the shade of silver on the car from the picture above? I`ve got a new bumper coming for it so need to know so I can get it sprayed :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts