Skyline Owners Forum banner

New Skyline Owner!

609 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  cruising_r32 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Picked up a R33 GTST last friday so thought i`d post up and say hello! Its a 96 on a P plate in silver/grey. Pretty standard at the mo apart from exhaust, air filter, boost controller and apexi power fc.

Long term I`d like to get it to around 420bhp (I heard that standard internals can take 450, is this correct?) What else would I need to achieve the power i`m looking for?

By the way, i live neear Sutton in Surrey, are there any other local skyline owners? :)

#5 ·
Need to get some decent pics but for now the best one I have is.....

Not sure if I should be talking about it here or in another part of the site but my speedo keeps randomly cutting out and coming back on when I drop down to about 20Mph. Is this a common problem?

#7 ·
Pretty standard at the mo apart from exhaust, air filter, boost controller and apexi power fc.

Thats a very good start the apexi power fc and boost controller is a must.

and it looks like a do-luk body kit.

Get some pics up especially of the engine bay we may be able to tell you what else has been done.

To get that sort of power you'll need to start with things like fuel pump, colder spark plugs and injectors.

Then head gasket and a better turbo or uprated one

#11 ·
Welcome aboard, your find plenty of useful info on here.

For an over 400bhp conversion have a look at my garage.

#13 ·
Welcome mate......

You enjoying her then.......
:D
Oh yes! I`m loving it! lol

Before the skyline I had (and still have) a 200Sx S13 tuned to 310bhp. Even though the 200 is still quicker for now, the skyline just feels SOOOO smoothe! I cant believe how well they stick to the road aswell! At the moment the car is almost standard and its awesome! Cant wait til I start getting the engine/handling properly sorted! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.