Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to changing my plugs and coil packs. Turns out the old plugs were fine. But they have now been changed from iridium 7s to 8s.

Here was my problem

no wonder the car was spitting all the time.
Well now the splitfires are nestled in and the car drives like a dream, and ive been able to wind the boost back up to 0.8 bar :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
thats gonna be one of my next mods after brakes i think

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I took My plugs and changed them back due to having a misfire until the car was at full working temp. When I took the coil packs out every single one had Insulation tape wrapped around it ????

SO I think I will also be investing in a set of those Fella :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well worth it, the car is even smooth on the low rpms :)
Best £300 ive ever spent

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
I had a horrible miss fire, the car wouldn't run smooth at all. Ordered a set of Spitfire coil packs from nengun.com and it solved the problem straight away, I've got beautiful smooth power again :D

Only cost me about 320euro shipped to Ireland too so seem to have got a good deal.

The insulation tape around them is supposed to be a cheap fix or something like that :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
all my standard coils are oky no misfire however when i put foot down on auto their is a 1 or 2 second pause then the car goes into superpull mode,would splitfires get rid of this small delay??

·
Registered
437 Posts
If your driving an auto, that is the gearbox changing down as you've planted your foot. Its standard and the coil packs wont effect it. its the same as if you driving in 4th and you change down to 3rd to over take etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts