Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a bit of a trouble last Saturday so now I'm in need of some parts.

First off, no idea what coilovers I had before. I just know they were rock hard and I love them, however there is no reference to who made them or what part number they would have. So I'm aiming at going after a new set.

I'm looking at something that I can adjust from within the car. Such as the TEIN EDFC + coilovers to go with that.

I was thinking TEIN FLEX to go with that.

I don't wanna drop it down any further than it already is but if the controller would give me that option it's a plus.

So... any suggestions?

I want to be able to have a hard ride when I'm on track and a bit nicer ride when I'm driving around town. I'm not talking about a nice comfy Merc ride here but I don't think I need to feel every single atom on the road either :)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
as far as i know the controller only adjusts firmness,height still has to be set manualy

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Yup EDFC only controls damping and not height. Would you really change the damping that often from inside the car? Something to think about.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but when I'm gonna be changing coilovers I would like to have the comfort of doing it from inside the car :) I know that height won't be controlled by the EDFC.

What I was saying is that it would be nice to control it.

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Yeah even I thought about it when looking at the super streets but other mods demanded the money so didnt get it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi,

I have the EDFC and SuperStreet on my last car (and just waiting to be fitted on my current car). As much as people say you only need to change the damper settings once, you will be messing with them all the time with the EDFC.

Where it comes into its own, is when you actually have to adjust the suspension. The rears are a pain to get to as the rear shelf has to come off to get to the top of the struts. EDFC makes this very easy.

It also has a few quick setting memories on there so you can have different profiles for two or three different road types.

Good investment and great for showing off to you mates. Not I would condone that :)

John

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi,

Been driving for a few days on the Super Street and i can only say they are amazing.

My GTT came with the Bilstein option suspension, and the teins are by far 100% better for ride quality. I have the EDFC also and I actually find that I'm driving most of the time on the hardest setting.

They are not bouncy at all. My nephew has coilovers on his GTT and I think that they are HKS (were on the car when he got it and are waaaay to dirty to see the name but they do have gold top mounts). His car is unbearable to ride in. Extremely stiff and very bouncy. They probably need to be adjusted.

The rears actually werent that hard to get to in the end, just have to take out the rear seats and there you are.

Totally recommend them, and I do a good bit of driving on Irish back roads, so that says alot for the Tein. No body roll, no bounce, absorb all the potholes and the ride height is perfect out of the box.

John

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Just waiting for my teins to come in this week. No EDFC though.
Also for you GTT owners out there you dont have to take the rear shelf off to change the damping setting.
When you open the boot the bulkhead by each wheel has a small longitudinal opening. You can just about get 2 fingers in there but right by it is the damper setting. You can twist the knob to set the damping. Just count each rotation and you should be ok. Its quick simple and easy.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Hello n0mad, I've tein superstreets with EDFC. If you're willing to spend the cash they're a well worthwhile investment. They are definitely practical in this country. My R34 is sat right down on 18's and when you hit the back roads (I live on one, your traditoinal, line of grass down the middle Irish road!!) you just hit the softest option (Mine has 3 memory slots) and away you go. When you get back on the main road touch of a button and it's stiff again. EDFC really is brilliant and well worth it when you have to use our crappy roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts