Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm currently running Pirelli p zero on mine but if I were to replace I'd go for MPSS

Neither are cheap about £130 a corner I think on tyre leader or openo

·
Registered
107 Posts
whats the life span/ wear like on the pirellis? also mpss? michelin pilot super sport???

Yeah pilot super sports are a clear favourite from most of the posts I've read not only for their grip but for life span.

I've got the Pirelli cuz they were on the car when I bought it, there fine for me but I can't give you a lifespan as they've only done about 5k, there wearing ok in my opinion.

·
Registered
107 Posts
also!! anyone any ideas of the fitting of stretched tires?

My front tyres are slightly stretched as they are a 225 40 19 on an 8.5 width rim.

I try and stick within the recommended parameters for the width size and the min for 8.5 is 225.

Lots of people seem to run stretched tyres but I'm no expert. Hopefully some one can give much more detail for you.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah right ok, cheapest ive found for my bigger wheels is like 160 not too bad i suppose for a highly recommended tyre but struggling to find them in 275 wide, seem to only be up to 265 but great for the 245's i have, i shall probably purchase them for this :) thanks for the advice.

ye i have 275's and 245's stretched quite a lot. not too sure on the actual sizes of the wheels just havent measured them yet, will get round to it some time, just looking at how to do it or if garages would do it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unlike my old Impreza I have found the different types of set up for our cars quite complicated.

Originally base model I think came with 17s the premium 18s and later with 19s. All on a staggered wheel and tyre set up.

My after market wheels are a square set up with 8.5 all round but staggered tyres of 225 front and 245 rear.

The main areas to focus on are how much heavier the steering will be with the increased tyre width at the front and associated wear on Oem parts.

Also the difference in speedo reading and ensuring the rolling radius is correct so the traction control doesn't kick in.

My next tyre change will be to 235 front and 255 rear to keep the traction control happy.

With regards to tyre fitters I guess most will only fit within guidelines but I'm sure some will fit stretched if they are not held liable.

I'm not sure how fussy mot tests are about stretched tyres.

These links may help:
http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

http://www.g35club.org/download/2006_coupe_specs.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts