Should i do it?

• Oh yea.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Not a chance waste of cash.

Votes: 2 33.3%

New to skylines

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Cliford11 
#1 ·
Hey guys, big time for me.. loved skylines ever since i saw one (about 10 years ago) however my knowledge on cars in general is low... about to purchase my first skyline looking to sell my 2013 elantra to do so.

So my question to you all is: What kinds of things am i looking for not to get a scam of a deal?

currently looking at one on Craigslist listed for 11,900 says its regularly maintained.. '94 with 200 000 KM on it is this so far a good deal?

as well for those who live in areas where the drivers side is on the left how difficult is it to shift in the right?

here are the pics the guy gave out.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
200km is a lot... Has it been rebuilt ? How about the underside have bushes been replaced as they will be tired now ? How much is it ? And check the front strut tops for rust repair as its a common issue on 33

Daz is a cap end

#3 · (Edited)
I'm guessing your in the states? If so rust won't be nearly as much of an issue as it is for us in the uk, but still check it thoroughly. 200km is roughly 120k miles so that's not too high, as long as it has been regularly serviced and looked after should be fine. Look out for blue smoke either on idle or whilst on over run/ high vaccum. Also check things like heater pipes as they tend to burst through age, timing belt replacements and ball joint conditions (hicas ball joints are known to crap out frequently)

Sent from my iPhone using My thumb

#4 ·
If you're in the US, the biggest thing you need to watch out for is that it's legal. Get proof of importation, not just that it's registered. You'll need the import paperwork, the registered importers paperwork declared modifications made to make it legal, and the NHSTA paperwork. If you've got those 3, then you're likely good to go to get it registered where ever. If not, walk away from the deal because even illegal skylines go for quite a bit. 11.9k in the US would be insanely cheap in the US for a GTR. They go for about 45k upwards just for stock ones. Also, if it's only listed on craigslist instead of ebay, it likely doesn't have a valid vin or is legal.

#5 ·
Hey guys sorry for the late reply, I'm in canada Vancouver bc. I've not yet seen the car so i have no idea if anything he says is true... He says its been regularly serviced and has always used 91 octane. Rebuilt engine and has never taken it racing or anything of the sort... but like i said i haven't seen it so i have no idea....

I will ask for documentation when i see it thanks for the info :)

#12 ·
I'm not aware of the differences between the GTR and GTS-T :) if you could let me know thatd be great.

And cherry boy ty for the welcome and theres no such forum here, If you have one in mind would you kindly link it?

As for the gas 91 octane is the highest i've seen in canada... :/

#15 · (Edited)
That's a spec 1 gtst, with aftermarket bumpers, sideskirts, a gtr grille and gtr spoiler.

A gtr has wider arches front and rear, a different side indicator which sits on the metal instead of being flush, longer front end, a 2.6 twin turbo instead of a 2.5 single turbo, 4wd instead of rwd, better interior, wider anti-roll bars (or sway bars if you call them that), extra bracing in the engine bay, in the boot, and around the rear diff, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.