Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think my turbo is on it's arse :mad: and the time is now to start research how much this is gonna bleeding cost me, so any recommendations??

I'm crap at all this technical stuff, so I'm just after a good reliable turbo, same size as whats on as standard I think

Your help is much appreciated :dogpile:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
If you just want yours rebuilding mate, then have a look in the members discounts section. Turbo dynamics should give you a good deal.:cheers:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
As said ^^^

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one lads, I'll take a look into it, hopefully it is just my turbo thats on it's arse and not something more expensive!

thanks for your help

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bigger smigger! just want to get the bloody thing running reyt first!

Plus our las would rip off my feet and kick me with em.....

crap I'm a puff

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo Dynamics have quote 995 to 1300 quid!!

Surely it would be cheaper to actually buy a new turbo?

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Surely I can get it reconed for less than that? if not why in the name of Allah would anyone want to get them reconditioned when they can buy a new one for same price?? crazy money!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A recon turbo is pretty much a new turbo as it will have a whole new core and other bits, the only original thing normally left is the housings which are machined out and cleaned so look new anyways.

Turbo technics are normally the cheapest, give them a try.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If your going to buy a big turbo you will need a ecu aswell to run it safe. You need to think what you want out of the car for the future. If you just want a basic rebuilt turbo to run around 350-360 bhp later on, then you can pick them up for around £600. Which has standard size wheels (Metal) and a new core. Most 400bhp rebuilds have machined compressure/exhaust housings, bigger compressure and exhaust wheels, machined wastegate hole with bigger penny gate and new core. Lots of companies can do this for you. But don't be fooled by people claiming that there standard rebuilds can produce 450+, the size of the exhaust housing will not allow this. So don't waste yor money on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts