Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my tyres have lasted a whole 2500 miles !!! I`v decided to replace them and was thinking of going for some road legal slicks as I don`t use the car much. I also assumed they would be cheaper as they don`t have much tread life!!! How wrong can I be :) Got a price on some Yoko`s at £1030 supplied and not fitted then I got a price on some Dunlop`s and they were £893 supplied and fitted :( I then got a price for some SO3`s and they came to £705 fitted.

Does anyone know anywhere cheaper to get these tyres from ?!

Maybe I should get some 15" wheels to save a bit of money:D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What about Toyo Proxes T1-S? They are supposed to be really good and cheap too...

Thinking of putting a set on mine when I stop doing 400 miles a week....! :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked on the Toyo site and they don`t list them that wide. I may even got for 275/35/18 at the wheels are 10" wide and with minor mods to the splash shields they will clear lock-lock.

·
Professional job seeker
78 Posts
You could try Bracknell Tyres. The prices seem really good and when I spoke to the bloke he seemed pretty confident he could get any tyre you want at a good price.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
try mytyres.net very cheap infact i've not seen anywhere that does tyres cheaper and belive me i've looked!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
mytyres.net are the cheapest I have found anywhere too, they had Toyos 205/55/16 for £37.60, but I missed the boat on those ones... :(

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
After some serious phoning arround I've popped for some lovely new tyres ( filled with nitrogen :D) which IMO make the car go faster, handle better, look better and make the driver more attractive to the ladies...

the best deals where Bracknell Tyres (cheapest but a bit far from me) and Merityre of Kingston (who won cause they do the nitrogen ting) everyone else seems to be having a laugh

I looked at aload of online people;

www.topgear.co.uk
www.mytyres.net
www.tyre4u.com

they were all pretty cheap , but I couldnt be doin with the hassle of getting them delivered and finding someone to fit em, lazy git!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts