Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting these refurbed before they go on properly so it'll be a while yet, probably for next summer but my new wheels arrived today and I did a test fit to see how they sit. The front wouldn't go on without spacers which are currently lent to a mate but there's no clearance issues with the rears.

She'll be getting lowered a bit more if the coilovers will let me, and adjustable front camber arms fitted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice...

Had my new wheels in the front room for nearly a year before they went on (made a mega cool 'art installation' or so I thought - the Mrs didn't quite agree though.

Also gave me time to give them a good few coats of wax at my leisure!

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
Very nice mate, good choice, they really suite the car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Its hard to tell as I'm not sure if I've ever seen wheels like yours on a car like ours, and with the rubber off the wheel it looks smaller. I'm sure once its all fitted to the car it will complete the look. What size wheels and off-sets are your new wheels?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Almost forgot, but did you (Parky) have some Nissan GTR wheels on a while back? If so, what happened to those ones?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiro, yeah it had gtr wheels on, I sold them a couple of months ago.
The new ones are 19x9 +6 and 19x10 -6. I think they'll be perfect once it's set up properly.

Couple pics of some on a g35...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440790141.785696.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440790224.505844.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really suit the car ,alot better than the wheels already on the car (on the front wheels) IMO, love the bit of deep dish.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Parky, ok...I see what you mean with the wheels now. That G35 coupe has some body mods as well. Basically, it has a chargespeed rear bumper, impul side skirts, and a Nismo front bumper. I have the same parts on my car except I have a Kuruma Z front bumper. I'm not sure it that will make a difference to you or not, but then again I think our cars look much better in person. I think pics don't do the car justice at all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I was aware it had aftermarket skirts and bumpers, I won't be doing any of that the pics were for an idea of how they are on one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lowered it another inch or so, ride quality seems the same which is ace. Got pics back on the wheel rebuild, looking spanking. Inner barrels have been done gloss black.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm on coilovers hiro.

Got them back yesterday, got straight on to protective sealing and rebuilding.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What colour is your car mate never seen that before on a skyline 350 /G35.

The wheels look spot on, our cars need a bit of dish! Lovely choice.

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
Very nice wheels but I preferred them silver.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was my first choice to keep them original but nowhere could clamp them to re-cut the faces. They're coming off for winter now so they may be different for next year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts