Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mates offered me these 18" wheels of his gtst for a very reasonable price ,
assuming that if fitted his gtst they will fit my gtr as a straight swap , no messing around,the tyre sizes he had on were 265 35 on the back
and 245 40 on the front

so can i have opinions on style and any additional info b4 i commit to buying them

cheers p.p

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
They are very nice. So nice I bought a set last year for my 300ZX.....:bigthumb:

They will fit nice and snug on the Skyline. I would love to see them fitted as I am thinking about putting them on mine when I get it and some new wheels for the 300?

If you dont have them I might be interested ;)

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
If you want post a pic of your car from a similar angle and I will photoshop them on for you to see how they look.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no u cant there mine,lol

yea they look good when on the 300, will look good on the skyline cheers for that dude

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i thought wider rears screws with the 4 wd system?

bk racing wheels arent exactly a high quality rim either,i certainly wouldnt run them on a nice gtr

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hope 1 of these is a good enough angle,

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
i thought wider rears screws with the 4 wd system?

bk racing wheels arent exactly a high quality rim either,i certainly wouldnt run them on a nice gtr
BK racing rims arnt good. Are you sure you know what you are talking about? I have had mine on for well over a year and have not had a problem at all. They are perfect wheels and as for runnig a GTR on them what difference does the car make?

I dont know about the 4wd system I must admit but you are wrong about the quality.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol they gota be betta then running standards and for £150 surely its got to be done???? opinions

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the main thing im thinking of is weight,both of the wheel and the car on it,hit a pothole in a heavy car with cheap rims and its likely it will break,also bk are heavy wheels,they arent made for performance they are made for volume sales

cheap wheels are cheap for a reason,ask any tuner

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the main thing im thinking of is weight,both of the wheel and the car on it,hit a pothole in a heavy car with cheap rims and its likely it will break,also bk are heavy wheels,they arent made for performance they are made for volume sales

cheap wheels are cheap for a reason,ask any tuner

will take all advice aboard, love the aviater dude, is that u?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i wish,im not that cool,also a 6 foot 7 stormtrooper would look a tad strange!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
I see where you are coming from Koh. But even tho they aint exspensive I can tell you they aint poor quality rims mate. My car is heavy and has without any doubt a very good perfomance and they suit it very well and they work well too. I think there is a mis-conception about these rims. I wouldnt recommend them to use as a race rim but how many of us race. Its a difference of opinion really and that isnt worth argueing about so we will have to beg to differ.;)

Here is the picture mr poohpants........
I hope you like it mate.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea im ok with that, looks better than the standards anyway, and sure will look better when actualy on

and for 150 i dont think i can let them pass me by

cheers for ya help vinnieboy , your a diamond mate :)

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
yea im ok with that, looks better than the standards anyway, and sure will look better when actualy on

and for 150 i dont think i can let them pass me by

cheers for ya help vinnieboy , your a diamond mate :)
NP mate. AND! I didnt even ruin your rose bush.......LOL.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NP mate. AND! I didnt even ruin your rose bush.......LOL.:bigthumb:
oh yea lol pmsl mrs poohpants has been asking me to pull that fooka up for ages the dogs keep chewing it lol:whip:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Careful with those wheel sizes Poo, your 4wd system prefers same size all round. Although I'm not a GTR owner, and will happily be corrected on this point, if you start to lose rear end traction and the torque splitter ramps up the front wheel power you won't see the same balanced level of traction that you would've done.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts