Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I hope I haven't signed up too early, I just want to get as much info as possible really.

I own a V8 Mk3 Cortina and a Volvo 850 at the moment, however the Volvo is going after Christmas and I am buying my first skyline.

It is a 1996 4 door R33 GTS25 (Non turbo) manual in Black. I shall be slipping on a set of (hopefully) 18's if not 17's. Powerflow exhaust with 5 inch Jap rear box, Sparco Seats and harnesses, blacking the windows, GTR wing and front bumper, then CD/MD/DVD install.

I have to be 'sensible' about my choice being a family man and it being my main car, hence the 4 door and non turbo option.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
not seen a four door 33 before! got any pics?
is it a straight 6 2liter?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Depending on your budget I'd go for a turbo anyway, fueld consumption won't be that different really. I have used my gtst almost everyday for 3 years without a single reliability problem, barring batteries going for some reason :(

Matt

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Welcome to the board any questions or help with your thoughts on what your looking to buy then ask feel free.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Dave the back of those lights on the maroon car look almost 32ish, is that a different option ?

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I almost bought one of these for £50 the other day...in black, with 35k miles on it.....still in Japan so Vat, shipping etc to add on

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
tigger said:
I almost bought one of these for £50 the other day...in black, with 35k miles on it.....still in Japan so Vat, shipping etc to add on
£50....:eek: What kind of state was it in for that sort of money?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I've had a quick fiddle with Photoshop on a couple of standard R33 4 doors. I shall be waiting until the right car comes up. Has to be Manual, has to Black, sadly has to be 2.5 N/A

I say N/A as I am thinking of cost if something does go wrong. With a Turbo car, brakes, clutches, gearboxes etc tend to be more expensive when replaced.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
think it willl look smart in black looks like a propa gangster car!!

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
RB25DE mine is its ok but my girlfriend raced me in my prelude the other day and left me for dust!! just putting a new front bumper on mine, also 17;s induction kit and exhaust, dunno about chipping it not sure if you can?

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
its a bit slow 0-60 but picks up well at high revs,as for top speed havent really gone much over 125 but recon it good for 135 as it stands,with a bit of tweakin it will get there alot quicker

1 - 20 of 36 Posts