Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm Mike, 23 from east yorkshire, about 20 miles from Hull. I'm starting to look for a Skyline as project to keep me entertained for the next year or so before putting it on the road. I can imagine you get alot of 'dreamers' on here that don't currently have skylines but I WILL get one soon, I just wanted to do some research before buying as this is a mistake I have made in the past with project cars and with the skyline being a serious car, I wanted to make sure I get a descent one and know what I'm doing a bit before starting.

I am hoping to get a R32 GTST, so will spend my time browsing the for sale sections until I find a suitable one :)

To give you all a bit of history though, I currently have an EG civic which I bought as a project, refurbished and rebuilt it to this:

This is now just a winter car

My most recent build is my Eunos Roadster, bought it in 2011 as a bog standard and have given it a full shell rebuild, respray and turboed it all by myself with help from a few mates :)

To this

Sorry to bore you all, just thought I'd say a little more then Hi :)

Mike

T

·
0 Posts
Welcome to this here club bud. Good luck on your search. Have you got deep pockets? :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers bud, pockets aren't that deep, hence doing all the work myself :), looking for a restoration project :)

Quick noob question though, what does GDUK stand for, is it just a company or an acronym? Seen it on quite a few for sale threads

Thanks

Mike

T

·
0 Posts
They're a breaker mate. Reasonable prices too unlike some traders out there. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome guys :) Glad ya like the roadster, has taken some serious man hours getting it to its current state, not much more to do now though :)

Having browsed around the site and ebay there does seem to be a few R32 GTSTs selling within my price bracket, just need to find one close enough to be able to view, found a perfect one but its 300 miles away and its along way to go if it turns out to be a dog ;)

Thanks

Mike

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
where about is it you could ask someone to go and have a look for you and take some pics then you could deside if its worth traveling to see.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one I like is in Worthing, it was advertised on ebay, its 280 miles from my home which would be a 5 hour + drive lol

I'm in no rush though, happy to wait to find the perfect one for me :)

Mike

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
its worth taking your time looking to get the one you want. so hopefully the new year will be good to you and you get your dream car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah fingers crossed some will come up in the next couple of months, really wanting to get cracking with one, not having anything to be tinkering with is doing my head in especially while I have time off :(

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts