Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone I've recently bought my very first Skyline a black 94 R33 GTS, and roughly a week or so ago I ran into my first major problem, the piston/ring on cylinder 5 let go! So I've started to collect together all the parts I'll need to rebuild her. I just wondered if I could ask you guys what you thought of my choices so far and if there's anything else I might be needing or that you'd recommend doing while the engine is out. The car is more or less standard at the moment other then a kakimoto exhaust and a HKS filter.

Cometic 87mm Head gasket

Wiseco Pistons - 87mm pistons

Eagle H beam Rods

ARP Studs

OEM rod and main bearings

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi bud as said it depends on what bhp you intend to go for, and believe me ive spent loads of dough going from standard to 400bhp then got bored and went to 650bhp, so really from expierience check out how far you wanna go mate...

·
Registered
19 Posts
take the engine out and put an rb26 in its place jobs oxo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I'm just trying to future proof the engine ready for more upgrades later on for moment, so i'm not so interested in attaining big power just yet, I'd much rather get the engine running well and have sound base before I start thinking about what power I want from the car. Although 400bhp does sound quite nice lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts