Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say Hi to all of you on here . Just brought myself a R33 GTS-T after owning and selling my beloved 200sx. Could do with a few points sorting below as Im new to these rb2.5det machine. I am SXOC member TWEATY and hope to become a member on here very soon. Pics to follow,

Current spec is

RB25DET R33 GTS-T
86K on the clock
STock Turbo I think
AUTO Box
Irridium plugs
HKS Induction KIT
Custom 3" - 4" Stainless Steel Zorst inc decat pipe
Manual boost controller (BREN DEVICE) currently set at 10PSI
Greddy Front Stut Brace
Unsure of name but coilover suspension dropped to the floor
Boost gauge

Can anyone tell me what the safe maxboost is on a stock r33 turbo

Also there look to be small adjusters on top of my front shocks , they click when turned and seem to tighten or slacken but carnt seem to suss out what they do. ANY1?

Also I have a bad knocking noise coming from the rear when going over bumps. I have looked to see if its the zorts hitting the body but its not.However i think it may be because the suspension is so low. How do you higher the rear end as there doesnt seem to be any spring adjusters on the shocks.

Last thing - Any1 know how to stop very bad squeeky brakes when hot.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the safe maxboost is on a stock r33 turbo
0.85bar

Also there look to be small adjusters on top of my front shocks , they click when turned and seem to tighten or slacken but carnt seem to suss out what they do. ANY1?
hard to soft adjustment

Also I have a bad knocking noise coming from the rear when going over bumps. I have looked to see if its the zorts hitting the body but its not.However i think it may be because the suspension is so low. How do you higher the rear end as there doesnt seem to be any spring adjusters on the shocks.
sounds like it bumping out, try and take a pic and post so we can identify

Last thing - Any1 know how to stop very bad squeeky brakes when hot.
cut the edges down or groove the failing that new pads

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi bud welcome to our friendly forum, firstly the max boost to run on a standard turbo is .85 bar....by the sound of it you have adjustable shocks (have you no history on it, or was the previous owner a member on here post up some pics and we will see if we recognise it mate) the knocking maybe bushes (camber arm etc, shock mounts) the squealing brakes is really common on these motors, try copper slip grease on shim plate at rear of pad and filing the leading edge of pads down a touch, if you use the search button yr find more info, or check out the home page and scroll down to FAQ section, everything is in there tweaty....or just ask away mate....good luck, :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info , Just as good as the SXOC.com site for friendly members. I got no service history and didnt notice the shocks till i started my bumby pot hole ride home. .85 bar = roughly 12psi which means I am running safe boost then @ 10psi I hope. I will have scan underneath the car to see if anything else looks loose or worn . It seems to be louder on the passenger side when I went out in it half an hour ago.

Thanks for the quick reply :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the info , Just as good as the SXOC.com site for friendly members. I got no service history and didnt notice the shocks till i started my bumby pot hole ride home. .85 bar = roughly 12psi which means I am running safe boost then @ 10psi I hope. I will have scan underneath the car to see if anything else looks loose or worn . It seems to be louder on the passenger side when I went out in it half an hour ago.

Thanks for the quick reply :D

did you not test drive the car ?
pictures would help a lot mate

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Hi there where in stoke you from? That will make 4 of us now,that i know:D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome aboard, get some pics up of your skyline.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally some pics of me new beast

Finally got round to sorting a few pics out. What do you all think ? Do you think its too low ?

·
MARC
37 Posts
I am from stoke. I also know of 2 silver R33's in the Tunstall area. One of the guys goes my gym, he has had his a few months. I have also seen a silver R33 GTR going about in the Burlsem area. They seem to be becomming quite common in Stoke these days. I actually have not seen 1 R32 in Stoke yet though. Welcome and see you around maybe

Marc

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
I must drive round with me eyes shut cause i aint seen any of ya :doh: just the usual fat 1 named Hugh Jass :) with a R33 4 door black,Jon with a grey R33 Gtst and Alex with a Black R33 Gtst . Im in Hanford in betweens ya all,flash if ya see me(with your headlights):) im not ignorant,just blind :) maybe a small meet on its way between us stokies soon??

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I must drive round with me eyes shut cause i aint seen any of ya :doh: just the usual fat 1 named Hugh Jass :) with a R33 4 door black,Jon with a grey R33 Gtst and Alex with a Black R33 Gtst . Im in Hanford in betweens ya all,flash if ya see me(with your headlights):) im not ignorant,just blind :) maybe a small meet on its way between us stokies soon??
Less of the FAT, you can hurt my feelings ya know. Lol

Anyway I can lose weight, you'll always be ugly. Mu ha ha ha ha :Uzi:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
once Im up and running fully with no knocks and bangs from the rear then I will deffo be up for a meeting . Iv seen a silver r33 GTR possibly up hanley fezzy park to running round too at night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts