Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As from the title, I'm a complete newbie. Owned Jap cars before, honda and Toyotas. Always wanted a Skyline and finnaly got one.

Bought it as a running project, absolutely love it, currently waiting to be mapped in September and have a Link ecu fitted. Engine has been rebuilt, bored out, Carilio piston crowns, pistons gapped to street performance, ACL big and small racing bearings, RB26 rods. Running stock turbo, fuel pump, which will get upgraded one day.

Guy I purchased it off said not to give it any as he doesn't know what power it's running and don't want to run the risk of blowing the turbo. It did choke when you put your foot halfway down, I'm just hoping that's because of all the engine work it doesn't know the air/fuel ratio and that the map will sort it.

Anyhow, glad to be part of the forum .

Oh yeah, based in North Yorkshire

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good. welcome. Did you check underneath thoroughly to avoid any nasty surprised further down the line?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Yes I had it on the ramp the other week, all undersealed, front sills could do with replacing as they are bent, and a tiny rust spot on one of the rear sills. Apart from that it's all good under there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome aboard dude,

before getting it mapped, myself id change the turbo out to a more capable unit to get the most out of your nicely specd RB.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard dude,

before getting it mapped, myself id change the turbo out to a more capable unit to get the most out of your nicely specd RB.
Thank you mate. Been my dream having one of these. From watching a video in YouTube of a white GTR 10 years ago haha.

That will be my plan later down the line. The chap that I bought it off said that it needs a remap and not to take it over 0.5 boost as he doesn't know what power it's running and it may blow the turbo.

So I'm really getting it mapped and a link g4x put it in, so I know it's running healthy and safe. Last thing I want is it blowing up.

JM Imports are doing the work, and heard their mapper is very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts