Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

I am the owner of a very sad looking 1993 r33 gtst. I got the car over 12 months ago with the aim that in a couple of years I can get it road worthy again.

The list of things to fix on the car is long but I am slowly chipping away at them.

Apart from the site showing a wealth of knowledge the other thing that brought me to the site was trying to track history on the car as the owner I brought it off didn't have much history on the car. Only a small pack of paperwork one of which was a Invoice for coil packs with the username SkylaFett.

Anyway hope everyone is as well as they can be in this current situation and I look forward to doing my homework on how to go about certain things on the car.

Ash;)

I'm bringing sexy back
Welcome to the forum 馃憤馃徎

Hope the car isn't in too bad a shape. Post up some pics if you can always good to see projects in the making

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum 馃憤馃徎

Hope the car isn't in too bad a shape. Post up some pics if you can always good to see projects in the making
Thanks for the welcome.

Its rough not going to lie, but with how much Gtst seem to be going for these days I picked it up for what I would consider cheap.

To name a few things wrong with the car, the turrets were shot, fuel hard lines had corroded under the car, rust, crack in the windscreen and some little bits. Interior is immaculate though ;)

Since getting the car, I have cut all the rust out the turrets to fresh metal and then found a very good mobile car fabricator/welder who then welded in fresh metal. I think by doing most the labour of removing the rust and getting it close to prep helped on the cost. Its a million times better I've lost some of the original shape but they are solid.

Fuel lines have been fixed by running ethanol proof 8mm fuel line running along the same path as the originals.

Rust is still an on going battle :LOL:

I will try to get some pictures up.

Ash

I'm bringing sexy back
Yeah sounds familiar with the 33s 馃槵 have a look at my project thread to give you an idea how bad things can get 馃槶 hopefully not as bad as mine got

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah sounds familiar with the 33s 馃槵 have a look at my project thread to give you an idea how bad things can get 馃槶 hopefully not as bad as mine got
I will do thanks Wookie, I鈥檓 hoping the underneath is mainly surface rust that can be taken back to fresh metal and treated.

Terry
Well those turrets are/ were quite bad so anything done to them has to be good and they look like they have come out well.

Sorry to say but you won鈥檛 have to hunt hard to find a bit more lurking but hey, don鈥檛 be put off once done you will have a BIG smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Well those turrets are/ were quite bad so anything done to them has to be good and they look like they have come out well.

Sorry to say but you won鈥檛 have to hunt hard to find a bit more lurking but hey, don鈥檛 be put off once done you will have a BIG smile

Hi tww,

They were indeed, like you say not original but a lot better than they were. Treated them with a zinc/rust inhibitor primer after and then some red paint for now.

Your not wrong about not having to look far :LOL: that's why I'm removing the wings as the are beyond repair and treated the underneath to various tools to remove rust and then same process as the arch's regarding primer and paint as pictured above. Then I have gone for fiberglass wide front wings to replace the originals which I believe are 25mm wider than original.

Its the underneath that worries me :cry: I do have pictures but not sure if to post them lol.

Rear arches are also shot, I'm planning on cutting that out and putting GTR style rear quarters. Not really to make it a replica of a GTR but I don't think the rears can be saved. Plus I got a good deal on some used fiber glass rear quarters.

Ash

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I think some fibreglass wings are 25mm wider not all of them though

I can understand the rear quarters idea as best to cut out the rot and that isn鈥檛 cheap

Happy cutting and keep the forum updated with pictures

Terry

I will do Terry (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts