Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im new thought i would join i will b after a skyline in mid summer next year after i sort out a new job at the mo i need 2 know what sort ov bhp i car get out ov a single turbo skyline r32-33 what will b safe without any problems with anything on the car cheers people:D

E

·
0 Posts
Hello mate welcome aboard. This isn`t the busiest of places at the weekend. More seems to happen during the week. Wait till Monday & im sure a few people will say hi.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Hello there, welcome

As for your questions, the search facility is probably your best bet to cover most info plus R32/R33 single turbo use different size motors

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Hi DRUE1,Eddie's right weekends are for the car as it's been good weather round my way:) welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers people b4 i got my maz i had a 330bhp rwd saph cossie i want as good as or more power what spec would b best 4 the power i'm after:D

·
Old Member
814 Posts
sounds like you should be looking for an R33 GTR, standard about 280+bhp with loads of potential, depending on bank balance.
I asked my bank manager to check my balance, the git pushed me over.....
Welcome on board.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
The GTR offical bhp is 280 as pete stated but this tends to be below the actual figure you could expect to find(the japs have a gentlemans agreement not to exceed 280 bhp but some manufacters tend to water down the figures) indeed most R33 GTR's make 310 bhp on average.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Welcome on board. :cool:
We are a friendly, if slightly mad, bunch of people on here, honest :D
We just spend too much time at the weekends out playing with the cars, hence the slow response :)

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
welcome:)
your question above how much bhp out of a single turbo'd 32 or 33, are we talking a GTS or GTR?? you want a nice big T88 GTR:)

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Welcome as well.

You mention your Cossie was a RWD - are you after another RWD, therefore GTSt / GTT or 4WD therefore GTR?

The GTSt / GTT cars are single turbo stock whereas the GTRs are twin turbos... Either way, 330bhp is a very achievable target

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers guys i dont know which model i want there is quite afew i like would like a rwd 4 astart phat meaty kit and a cossie blower some thing like this ive found afew places where i can get them very cheap but lost all my stuff on my pc

Attachments

E

·
0 Posts
Thats pretty nice.

whats this about a cossie blower??

They`re the enemy mate. Mine anyway. Got completely blown away by 1 last week. I just hung my head & did a 180 home at the next available roundabout. Gutted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
funny u should say that cos ive blowen afew skylines but at the end ov the day u dont know what mods r under the bonnet but ive allway liked the skyline

E

·
0 Posts
I know what you mean mate. I could smell the Cossie. As soon as he put his foot down i could smell the exhaust & knew i`d bitten off more than i could chew. Hard tuned Turbo fords have got a very obvious smell from the exhaust. My ol Scort was the same.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I have now been humiliated by a Scooby and a Cossie (may be same one Eddie) which has taught me that valuable lesson of you never know what the opponent has under the bonnet - think Nova and Corrolla at Santa Pod:confused:

My quest for more horsepower as a result continues..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts