Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Whats the part number of the bosch Iridiums?

·
Sil80 Driver
2,313 Posts
A tip....go to Nissan dealer and say you want a set of plugs for a Nissan Skyline. Man comes back with plugs and says "£85 please".

You say "Fcuk me that is dear"

Whilst he tells you they are platinum and therefore the most special plugs on the planet, look at the box and memorise the NGK reference number on the side.

Say you don't have enough money and make your way to Halfords (yes they keep them), Partco or other auto factor and say you want 6 of these plugs and never mention Skyline. They come back and say "ooo, bout 50 notes mate"

You say "oooo, thanks"

Everyones happy. :D

Mentioning Skyline usually bumps up price one way or another. Try and avoid it at all costs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Beachboy

Thanks for that one, was going to use spark plugs site but now I will have a stroll up to the Granby when I get home ( if you haven't bought em all).
Dunno who worx on your car , but the Japanese car place near the trumpet major said they can cover most things for mine. Apparently oil filter is the same as the Primera ( plugs same as 200SX).
Sorry about the fred eye jack but is lonely on nightshift
:crazy:

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
ROLL UP, ROLL UP Boys & Girls.
Just got back from my local Partco.
Didn't have the NGK plugs in stock, didn't have a record of them either, so the very nice man behind the counter phoned the NGK didtributor and ordered them.
Result; one set of NGK Iridiums arriving on thursday (3 day delivery) and now the good news........£44 inc VAT. Real Result.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Floyd,
Any chance you could post the part no. on hear when they arrive please. Really could do with some NGK Iridiums very soon. I've heard they are the same for my R32 Gts-t. Is this true or are they different?

Cheers mate

Nik

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
i just put BCPR6EIX-11 in my r32gtst
they were v. cheap but then got em of a mate whos ngk dealer (took a few weeks to come)
the ones that came out were ngk platinum with a 5 heat range. the iridiums are 6 so thats one step colder which should be ok esp if i turn up the boost a bit :)

N

·
0 Posts
ngk iridiums BKR5EIX-11, 5 is the heat range you can go to 6
ngk plats PFR5G-11

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My iridiums will arrive tomorrow morning apparently according to the email I got earlier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What difference do these plugs make over standard plugs and is it noticable??

I have no idea what mine are, is that bad?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you have no idea what they are and your car isn't highly played around with before you got it then it's likely they will be standard copper core plugs from the factory. Platinums improve performance slightly over standard plugs and iridiums improve performance slightly over platinums. Also they do slightly improve fuel consumption, or at least they did in my mates R32 GTS-T.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts