Skyline Owners Forum banner

Nice set of bouncers

1K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  RoboPope 
#1 ·
Got me a nice set of Trust Dowmax lowering sport type springs nicely fitted by Mr "Haynes hands" Bell on Saturday.
Well impressed by these I must say. Nicely lowered without being stoopid, handles much better through bends etc and they dont jar yer eyeballs out over the nice bumps and potholes kindly left in our roads.
Would defo reccomend em if you are thinking of this sort of mod.

#3 ·
Its a job worth doing if you have the dosh for sure. No point in keep making it go faster if it wont stop or go around corners.
Most important to have full wheel alignment and camber check done after as mine needed a bit of tweaking to bring it all back in line.
The bit of kit Richard used on mine was the most tecchy bit of kit I have yet seen for this job. All laser and radio remote with computerised guff flying all over the place, Nice !

#12 ·
All is fine thanks Richard, unfortunately a shed load of work has come in this week and I have three factory's to pipe up this week, (done two) one bigun left. So I have not been near the car or the board since you did it. Had an easier day today so thought I would drop in.
NiteskyR the turbo is as fitted by Mr Nissan himself.

#16 ·
Well to start the FMIC and pipe kit are a genuine HKS kit for the GTS and was supplied and fitted by Abbey.
With all of the mods done and after the FMIC was fitted the car was overboosting seriously so Abbey altered a few things to keep it reasonable. The next logical step is to fit a boost controller, which was going to happen a couple of weeks ago until the French bastards stole all my savings.
The FMIC did alter the place where the boost come in and is more "laggy" than before but not so bad as to be a problem, just have to get used to new feel. The boost controller will obviously sort all this out.
As for the pipe going over the engine and getting hot, it is only a problem after you have parked for a while and once you get on the move again it feels a bit dull for a short while until it gets chilled again. If you feel the pipe straight after you stop it is reasonably cold.
The larger amount of air required is probably something to do with the extra lag I am experiencing but it really isnt that bad.
On a cold night when giving it some serious wellie I still get a fuel cut, so the boost is high in these conditions.
Having said all this I must add I am no expert, if I have said anything obviously wrong please feel free to correct me as we are non of us too old to learn. (just say it nice or I will kill ya):(

#22 ·
I dont know what BHP I have so I try not to make any claims, I have a good idea and when the boost is set up I will know for sure.

Ed, false teeth are stuck in with" Loctite 101 gnasher fix". not reccomended if you suffer from any sensitive skin complaints and not readily available from your nearest non stockist.
Wurth do a cheaper equivalant called "101 fix gnasher" which costs more.
Not thought about the trolley jack thing another numb nut moment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.