·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These parts have covered approx 6000 miles and are in very good condition :

Nismo 62 degree C thermostat for RB25/26 - £30 - Sold
Nismo R33 GTS-T solid shift gear lever (10% less travel) - £60 Sold
Standard RB25/26 waterpump - £40
1.8mm Cometic MLS head gasket - used for 6000 miles but very good condition and apparently re-usable - £60

Also have the following parts, not sure of mileage :
R34GTR intercooler in good condition. No oil inside - £125
R33GTS-T standard turbo wastegate actuator - £15
R33GTS-T standard flywheel - suitable for lightening/balancing - £25
R33 N/S light assembly with white surround - £50
R33 O/S light assembly with white surround - lens damaged on reverse/signal part - offers ?

All parts plus postage or can be collected from West Sussex if preferred.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Hiya matey,

Ill have the thermostat off ya!

Are you gonna the Jap Show Finale next weekend?

If you are then ill pick it up off you then.

If not would you take £30 posted for it pleeeeese Stu? :notworthy

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
noooooooooo i wanted that :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry fellas, you were both pipped to the post on the thermostat but I'll let you know if it falls through.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
1.8mm Cometic MLS head gasket - used for 6000 miles but very good condition and apparently re-usable - £75

Whats the bore on that and are you sure they can be re-used....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1.8mm Cometic MLS head gasket - used for 6000 miles but very good condition and apparently re-usable - £75

Whats the bore on that and are you sure they can be re-used....
Its been used on a standard bore RB25DET.

As far as the re-usability goes - some people say they can be re-used happily whereas some people say for the sake of £175 (or whatever they are new nowadays) they wouldn't risk it. I've been told by my 'tuner' (I hate that term) that given the condition of the gasket he would re-use it on his own car if it was his so thats good enough for me but obviously it would have to be re-used at the new owners discretion.

The gasket has a rubberised layer on either side for sealing the oil and waterways and that layer appears to be intact although I've been told that its not a bad idea to spray a thin layer of gasket cement across the surfaces to be 100% sure.

One thing that people do need to be aware of when using a decent MLS gasket is that the head and block have to be dead flat. If you're thinking of using this on a car thats had a headgasket failure ivolving some degree of overheating you need to check that the head surface is flat as they can warp. My original head had to have 19 thou removed before it was flat enough to use this gasket originally.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stu.
If you'll take 65 inc p&p for the Nismo solid gear lever I'm in.
Send me your details if so.
Regards,
Andy.

And a note on re-using steel h/g's
I recently re-used a Tomei 1.8mm multi-layer h/g
What I did was split it into it's 4 shims, cleaned and polished them all both sides, nitromor's and wire brush, then when I assembled it I used a dusting of loctite 3020 all over every shim.
I believe I have NEVER had such a PERFECT seal, better than when new IMHO.
Cheers Andy, you have PM :)

Re: the headgasket. I would have re-used it on my new build but I needed a bigger bore gasket unfortunately. One other thing thats really good about these MLS gaskets is that they don't break up and deteriorate like the OEM gaskets do so the head/block faces are nice and clean and its much easier to get the head off once the bolts are out, i.e no 'stick-tion' :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi mate,
how much for the gts-t flywheel delivered?
Cheers
Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts