Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
seeking to be one of thee top DE+t conversions
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just bought some nismo 320 kph clocks (see thread wills r33 project) everything works correctly except the speedo, the needle still reads as if my old clocks are still in the car...why? every othe dial and warning lights work correctly so all help will be much appreciated
thanks will

·
1,523 Posts

·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you think its not reading properly because my old clocks were 180kph...limited to 112mph. So what im thinking if i do the kph to mph modification (soldering) it will read properly 196mph - 320kph. Just a thought?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I`ll have a think about this one, I thought if anything would have been different it would have been the speedo instead of any of the other gauges.

·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the speedo thats not reading correcly, all others are spot on

·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right people, i am so annoyed its unbelievable. I have just spent 280 pounds on a set of neismo clocks (se thread wills r33 project) i was assured they are just a case of swapping them over as i was keeping it as reading in kph. No theyre not, the speedo reads double what im actually doing. So my question is can so one help me sort them out. Im will to post them or travel to you so get these to work. temp, revs and fuel, oil pressure gauges all work as should, just the speedo aint. Help me people as i cant waste this kind of money

thankls will

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
You will probably find it will need to be calibrated to your own car mate . you can have two of the same model car inc engine plus drive train but the clocks may not be a straight swap. The set up on the car that they came off could be very different to the car there being fitted to. Even wheels size can make a fair difference. It might be posible to post them off and have them set up so they work on some elses car but it may not be correct for yours.

I could have a go for you and set it the same as my car ( as long as yours is a manual ) but i still couldnt guarantee it would be spot on when fitted to yours if you see what i mean.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i would say that when you got these fitted at the factory you had a different sender fitted too.

it will prob mean you have to calibrate them on the back using the little pads like doa says

·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im up for trying anything tbh, i could drive down to ya if it can be done in a day or post them? I know what ya saying with the fact it may not be correct, but at the mo the speed is reading 80kph when im travelling about 40kph

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Do you know anyone near you that is good with solder / pcb`s ? If so ask them to de- solder the pads and set it the same as the one you took out. If you get no joy you are more than welcome to post them down but i would be wary of the post at this time of year.

Another option would be to send them back for a refund.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
as above do the solder pads the same as your old ones,what car did they come out of as the diff's are different ratio's between gts,gtst and gtr ,i had to do hours of trial and error on mine to get it right'ish with being an na with a 4.3 diff,if you take the clocks out i'll solder them for you if you want,do you still have the old clocks as i know you where trying to sell them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts