Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:right guys i have some nismo 320 clocks in my skyline i have seen them make £300 on ebay
so i will take £150 plus your clocks in px must sell this week as insurance company are picking car up to scrap:mad:
they have not even made a offer on my car yet
dont see how they can do this :aka47:
anyway must be pick up only due to the swap over of clocks

poss other parts soon like hks evc £200 and gtr spoiler £200

·
Registered
539 Posts
Slightly off topic, but IMHO mate if the insurance company wants to take your car before having made an offer I'd tell them to do one. The car remains your property until after they have paid up, just like if someone was buying it. Tell them you want an offer in writing before you let them scrap it.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Slightly off topic, but IMHO mate if the insurance company wants to take your car before having made an offer I'd tell them to do one. The car remains your property until after they have paid up, just like if someone was buying it. Tell them you want an offer in writing before you let them scrap it.
EXACTLY I have heard to many nightmare stories of insurance use a local breakers to collect there car they then get an offer from there insurer but dont agree to it so agree to icking your car back up and you then find half of teh smods have been stolen due to the pikeys who work at the breakers yard.

seriously tell your insurance company to get ****ed and send an official offer in black and white.

who is your insurance company by the way?

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
rite I have helped you out here bud lol just really quickly sent my mate a txt who works in the law side of things.

said insurance companies pick up your car so they can take it to a garage so it can be properly inspected and not done just by the side of the road!

if they say thats the reason they wish to take it then there is nothing you cna do.
they then evaluate what is on the car (modifications etc) and then the damage if it comes to more then 15% of the value of the car then its a write off! plus they do it to see if you have all your modifications declared to your insurer!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
rite I have helped you out here bud lol just really quickly sent my mate a txt who works in the law side of things.

said insurance companies pick up your car so they can take it to a garage so it can be properly inspected and not done just by the side of the road!

if they say thats the reason they wish to take it then there is nothing you cna do.
they then evaluate what is on the car (modifications etc) and then the damage if it comes to more then 15% of the value of the car then its a write off! plus they do it to see if you have all your modifications declared to your insurer!
hi mate the inspector has been out i have sent logbook mot to insurance so all they need to do is make a offer i have just been on the phone i have told them i will give car up when i get cheque and they said ok what do u think they will offer i had its value at £4500 it is a cat c write off

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
hi mate the inspector has been out i have sent logbook mot to insurance so all they need to do is make a offer i have just been on the phone i have told them i will give car up when i get cheque and they said ok what do u think they will offer i had its value at £4500 it is a cat c write off
year of the car?

it all comes down to what is on there books and and to them if its an early/mid 90's car which It most probs is it wont be much value to them. you mightr be better off buying it back off them then strip it for parts.

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
Good on you for not letting them take it away.

I'd guess they would go to £3500ish.

DON'T accept their first offer....it will be shite.....ask for examples of similar cars at the price they offer you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.