Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my USB cable and software today, really nice bit of kit, was playing for hours :) Can't wait till my wheels are back and I can record a drive and play it back afterwards :D

Came up with an interesting result, you have probably seen my other threads on my high idle / lumpy running / high end hesitation. Now I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure my O2 sensor is not supposed to be doing this :confused:

Oh by the way if any one wants me to bring it to the next reading meet that's no problem to plug it in to any of you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVBeKoeSTK0

Let me know if you want me to tell you what the other dials are...

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Cause its a narrowband sensor. at 2000rpm it's supposed to switch from 20-80 quickly. Anything below 50 is usually lean anything above is usually rich

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
thats what it does for the 25DET might be different for the 26. The good thing is it's reading how it should unlike mine which is knacked lol

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
thats what it does for the 25DET might be different for the 26. The good thing is it's reading how it should unlike mine which is knacked lol
how long did it take us to figure that out mate??? lol:rofl: nismo wookie has been good enough to use my car as a test bed to further his knowledge on the readings to fix my car :cheers:mate

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
My good friend ImportR33 is selling a laptop with the datascan and Blazt cable, i was gonna buy it for mine but ive heard on the grapevine that it wont work with my Power FC.

Well gutted cos i was lookin forward to having a play cos it looks a really cool toy to play with! lol.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
unfortunately it does only work on standard ecus mate and im keeping mine as its great at detecting det and retarding timing. and it is a fun thing to play with lol

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Bugga!

I was hoping somebody would say that id heard wrong!

Oh well never mind, ill just have to buy the Power FC software for mine instead!

Thanx anyway R33per.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
@Japtastic
You got yours from www.blazt.biz right? What do I have to order if I want the thing running on my R34 GTT? Software and USB connecting cable? Do I need more?

·
Registered
96 Posts
That does not look normal. I have a Nissan Datascan hooked up to an RB25DET and the O2 sensor does not go a crazy as that. It remains very steady and only changes every now and then.
When you start your car with the engine cold the car will run rich, the gauge will be steady.
I have seen other videos of Nissan Datascan output and they dont change as quick as that.
On he blatz site you can find a few examples of logs from an RB25DET. You should have a look at those and compare them to yours..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts