Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im painting my greying NISSAN calipers, and thought I'd wise up this time and ask whether the 'NISSAN' decals were available, and if so from whom ?

I painted my supra calipers silver, and brought artist paintbrushes to slowly hand paint the supra emblem on them :eek::screwy::dogpile: Took forever but looked great ! Afterwards I found out, supra caliper decals were sold on the supraforum !! Thats just wonderful ! 2 days later . . :loser:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
They aren't decals they are part of the cast. Paint right over them then file the paint off and it should look fine.

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave, yeah i noticed they were on the cast, as were the supras.
Can the paint be filed/sanded off ? Spray paint or brake caliper paint ? Hope it wont look messy ?

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
koh, how did you bring out the nissan detail ?
Im after a perfect finish ..

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used good old Halfords caliper paint in red. Wait a few days for it to totally harden then chip/file it off.
I found a flat blade screwdriver used like a chisel carefully worked a treat chipping it off the logo.

if you like ill attach a pic in a bit

Tris

·
Registered
441 Posts
do what i did just use plain old hammerite brush on paint.

BUT

when the painting's done just dab the "NISSAN" with a rag dipped in white spirit, be very gentle, if you have a shaky hand try some cotton buds.
this must be done before the paint dries.

i'll get a picture up when i get 5 mins

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Mine came up like this, i'm still quite chuffed with them...

That was before the final coat of red, meticulously applied :)

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
I would buy some liquid masking paint then paint over the letters very carefully spray the calipers then peel off the masking paint.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Trum do you have a full side pic? Just want to see what mine would look like in red.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
just paint over them.

Get a piece of wood wrap wet and dry around it and sand off the excess paint from the Nissan part, as that is in the cast and higher than the rest, NISSAN it will re-appear. That is my plan after painting over them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thinking of doing mine for the weekend and some great ideas there. Was going to go blue calipers and white nissan to match my wheels. Yes/no?

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You guys have posted up some really good replies. Trum - Good job man they look really cool with the black rims.

Darth Palmer - dude thats a very slick job indeed. You've got me thinking of gunmetal now ! Gunmetal grey with yellow nissan logo or something . . .hmm . .I'm thinking of Yellow calipers with black nissan logo. Its a low black 33 sitting on 18" Rota alloys. Im also thinkng of getting interior done black and yellow. . .so the theme should hopefully follow.

Oh yeah - Goulding - Blue caliper and yellow logo will look real cool with those rims chap. Good luck !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts