Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get the car started and running, but is there anyone in the Frankfurt area that is handy with NISTune? I can either drive in the car (Once it is finished) and do a street tune with them, or email tunes until it looks good on the computer logs and drives well.

I am thinking of using Godzill#R about 45 mins south of me. The owner Nic N. says he has utilized NISTune in the past with great success, and can fit me in if I have an appointment.
Is there anything more local to Wiesbaden?

·
Registered
283 Posts
As there aren't so many garages and germany is really big you will otherwhise have to drive farther.

I could tell you a few others but then we are talking about hours to drive not minutes but there you will be sure to have a good work.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll tune it initially then, and hope that via email people can give me pointers to make it a really good map

·
Registered
283 Posts
Me too I haven't heard anything bad about them.
The other thing is that I wouldn't touch the mapping when I don't exactely know what I am doing as you can make more damage than a good map.

To be honest in my opinion driving a few kilometers more to get a good job done is nothing to argue about...

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have mapped Evos and STIs and some Z cars for 6ish years now, and a VE table is a VE table. I am just not fully acquainted with NISTune and wanted some help with it. Once I got it on the road I will stop mayhaps by MPS, but I cant afford what they were quoting for a full tune.

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
I have mapped Evos and STIs and some Z cars for 6ish years now, and a VE table is a VE table. I am just not fully acquainted with NISTune and wanted some help with it. Once I got it on the road I will stop mayhaps by MPS, but I cant afford what they were quoting for a full tune.
Then save for the final tuning of it. It's great that you can map other ECUs but you need specific software for nistune.

Save your pennies and get Phillip to map it and I think he is well priced for the ace mapping he does.

How is 440 euros for a map expensive??
In the UK that £370ish pounds which is cheaper than most mappers.

But it's up to you!

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then save for the final tuning of it. It's great that you can map other ECUs but you need specific software for nistune.

Save your pennies and get Phillip to map it and I think he is well priced for the ace mapping he does.

How is 440 euros for a map expensive??
In the UK that £370ish pounds which is cheaper than most mappers.

But it's up to you!
I have the software and a full license, just no experience and no dyno access here. Each platform has it's own small little nuisances and whatnot, I really want to learn and get some experience on my own car. I built the -entire- thing myself and wish to tune it as well, but dont want to do so myself. I have put allot of $$ into this car and the wife has put her foot down; no more monies to be spend on the skyline until it's up and fully running (she want's me to sell it ASAP, even as is...... argh).

I am moving to the Ansbach area this winter, and will have the car at least 3 more years if I have anything to say about it ;)

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
If you have no experiance I would not do it alone. Find a tuner that knows what he is doing with nistune and ask if he can work with you. For example mps.

If you don't know what your doing then don't touch it!!

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hah! Naysayers gonna naysay. Started the car yesterday, got a base map in it. =P Road tune as soon as I get another CHRA. My Holset is shot.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Precision 6262 mounted, new downpipe fabricated. It drives ok, but I am keeping it out of boost until I sort out the intercooler couplers. I need a shop that can bead-roll the pipe ends...

Still hates to idle and is running rich; but it's drivable. No powersteering or A/C just yet.
I need to sort out the IAVC plumbing and run the catch-can hoses the shortest I can when the new catch can arrives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts