Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the opinion of nitrous????

I'm thinking of getting a 10 pound wet nitrous kit for my car apparently it will add around 120bhp to my car, is it worth it and what damage can be done to the engine???

i need ur opinion guys??????? and and girls

just the thought of having the nitrous jets forcing out streams of air like fast and furious, is really appealling and cooool to look at!!!!
But then again it isnt so cool calling the RAC out to get a tow home as the engine has melted!:mad::angel: :rolleyes:

scottie

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
I'd start small (25bhp jets) as the once you've bought the expensive kit you can upgrade the jets quite cheaply to 50bhp as see how the engine copes.

Seen as the GTV has most things in common with the GTT I'd hope that engine would be able to cope with 50/75bhp extra.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I am going through the same dilema....but I reckon I will have it on my car.....will let you know what final system I go for!

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this bloke said he would get me a kit from america for 380 quid and thaats for a 10pound bottle

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I've got 50bhp wet kit on my vectra (started with 25bhp). Stops me being stuck behind slow vehicles for hours on country roads.

But think conventional tuning is much more fun than nitrous if you have a tunable car. Just my perspective though.

If you do go for it would make sure you go for tried and tested kit. You dont want to be leaning out with nitrous blasting yer block.

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just like the thought of the air jets out of the front of my bumper like the steam coming out of a bulls nose, ohhhhhhhh its tempting

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
seems like an aweful waste of perfectly good N20 ;) See how much you get through on normal usage before you go squirting it out your bumper :D

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I am bit of expert on this area, will be nice to help some one else for a change, if youm want detail feel free to call me on 07973 982737. I fitted a highpower kit to my car, better than NX kits, they have a bas rep. NOS the company are ok but I preferred Highpower cos they are british and the guy Trevor who owns the company is VERY knowledgeable, he was the guy who fitted the N2O kit to the jaguar on topgear. Sco-J, if you simply want the spray effect, highpower now do a carbon dioxide kit for about £250, looks same as N2O kit but refills are alot cheaper, is for show obviously, it does not involve your engine at all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
speak to me if u like
i supply and fit nos and zex systems and i just so happen to have one fitted to my 34gtt so i know all the pifulls etc.

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Muesli, is there any damage that can be done, also wher do u put ur bottle, and where are ur jets too???? also how much did u pay for urs????

questions, question, questions!!!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
have sold the kit now, was only a 5lb bottle monuted in boot. Was excellent value for money. But with this car I am gonna go for power thats always there, unlike N2O.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts