Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as the title suggests I have a little problem with my R32.
After accelerating, coming off the throttle and going onto the brake there is pretty much no braking assistance at all. I have a feeling this is to do with the fact that my engine doesn't drop revs immediately after coming off the accelerator and so there is no vacuum with which to drive the master cylinder?

At least that is what I guessed :confused:

One thing I did think of was that if I remember correctly, there is meant to be a one-way valve in place on a turbocharged car in the master cylinder vacuum line to the manifold, in order to retain vacuum. If this is so, could a faulty one cause this kind of problem?

My car started out in life as a 2.5 N/A R32 GTS in Japan and was converted over there to RB20DET powers, if this is any help!

Thanks guys :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
your car provides vacum to the master cylinder all the time from idle mate so i would check that the vavum pipe is not split and is fitted correctly into the inlet plenum and master cylinder :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the pipe is split/leaking as braking is perfectly fine when off the throttle, it is when switching from throttle to braking the revs don't immediately fall and at that point there doesn't appear to be any braking assistance.
If the master cylinder was connected straight to the manifold then this makes sense, as the manifold would not be in vacuum on a forced induction engine while on boost which is why I was under the impression there was a one-way valve. So that the master cylinder is 'charged' with vacuum when off boost and when you accelerate the one-way valve prevents the master cylinder losing this vacuum, so when you go straight on the brakes you actually have some :)

Hope I'm making sense? Thanks for the input! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts