Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all anyone have any idea what could be causing my r33 to have no low boost? The second stage comes in fine at 4500rpm but it is just dead until then, needle comes out of vacuum the minute I put my foot down but won’t boost until 4.5k.
It’s been off the road for about 10 months but I did notice it the last time I drove it so it hasn’t happened in storage.
I’ve had the car for 4 year’s and when I first got it I did the high boost mod from the how to guide on here I think, the one where you remove the solenoid, cap off the hose that went into it and ground a certain wire I can’t remember the exact process but I followed it to a T and I have had high boost on both stages for the 4 year’s I’ve had it with no issues until now.
I had a look and found that the hose that was capped off had popped off the hard pipe on the other end so I put it back on thinking job done easy fix but still nothing so now I’m scratching my head.
The only other thing I can think is that the cable that had to be earthed is no longer earthed but I can’t for the life of me remember where it is 😂
Anyway if anyone has any suggestions where to check I’d appreciate it

mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
its just going to be a matter of checking all the hoses to make sure you dont have a vacuum/boost leak. That's what it sounds like from the symptoms I'm afraid, slow spool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the help, would a vacuum/boost leak not effect the high boost aswell as the low boost?
I’m just curious why the second stage boost is fine
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts