Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after struggling with the dreaded 4/5000 rev misfire for months and months..ok lets get this sorted.....

removed coil packs cleaned them..(not that bad)

fitted new plugs

new fuel filter

put it all back 2 hours work...then test run.....

ooooooo yes yes...back to the car that i know and love...:dance:

no more misfire..pulls like a train all the way to the red line...:naughty:

now runs better than it ever did

T

·
0 Posts
Good one mate, I love a success story. Especially when it's a simple fix like yours. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cheers matey...its run like a bag of poo poo for so long...its like a new car...got the skyline smile back again...(what ever that is)..ha..ha..

took her to the petrol station gave her some SHELL V POWER.for being a good car again. FEK £1.26 p per litre

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If there standered coils they won't last long
get some uprated ones in and they won't break
down like the old ones

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quicky my high level brake lights not working ...the one in the spoiler...any ideas why...anyone......

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
quicky my high level brake lights not working ...the one in the spoiler...any ideas why...anyone......
My old 33 did the same thing.... I took the light assembly out (3 screws underneath the light). I split the backing plastic from the clear red plastic. They are glued together, I used a sharp knife to gradually wedge it apart. On a side note I also slipped and put the knife through my wrist (just missing my veins and nerves) earning me a trip to the emergency dr and few stitches.
It turned out to be a corroded resistor on the circuitboard, bought a new one (matched it from the colours/pattern on the original) and soldered it in. Very easy fix apart from the blood and stitches haha

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
my car apprently is is firein :( good job it aint a posh car haha
Tell it to put down the gun, it shouldn't take much with it being french and them liking to surrender quite easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts