Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually well pissed off!
completely at myself for a momentary lapse of concentration and basically buggerin my rims!
I usually use a sponge to clean them up but I couldn’t find it so used a sponge with a rough green edge on one side ( u know the type I’m on about) cleaned up all good no probs but then noticed a few little grease marks which the regular side sponge did not remove.
With out really thinking used the other side and it came off no problem and when it was still wet it looked fine….but then when it dried I now have loads of whiteish scratchy lines all over my rims! Gah!
any ideas how i can fix this?
cheers
xx

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
g3 cutting compound? or something similar...like t - cut maybe? even brasso (with it being a metal polish) may bring it up....
try on a very small un noticible area first though, as i have never tried these products on wheels myself, just an idea...

cheers, paul.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Dremel (sp?) with a soft attachment and lots of patience.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Autosol, its a metal polish that works wonders.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
yeah a metal polish for aloy will shift em

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
im guessing ya wheels have a laquer finish not polished or bare alloy? my best bet would be Farecla G6 or G3. but these compounds have a fine grit in them. this will matt the surface first but as the paste is worked the grit breaks down and then the polish bit cleans it all up.

it works wonders just so long as you've got enough elbow grease. if you do use this stuff dont be tempted to use big blobs of the stuff. it will take a lot longer for the grit to break down. a drill of some kind with a soft polishing mop will make it childs play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts