Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a small sub to put in the small section in the boot near the battery fuses etc as a background bass booster. i have had amps before which i have never had a problem with.

Now its all wired in i have the problem that no matter how quiet the stereo volume is the bass is full pelt. All i wanted was a low level bass.

I have also installed an inline autoleads bass controller so i could turn it down or off if i wanted to. Its the same as a light switch dimmer in principle and i know this works as i tested it in my van. This does not work in the car either, which i cant understand because its between the stereo and amp.

Im using a single channel amp with the sub wired into r+ and r-.

There is a switch to select between hpf, lpf and full not sure what setting this should be on. lpf i assume?

Any help i would be really grateful of as this minor job has really become annoying.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what ampand head unit is it how have you got it wired up from on the hu?
I have a double din tv unit not sure what make it is. From that i have a rca leads to the bass controler then off to amp. The remote wire is powered from the +12v ign live as the remote wire in the harness is faulty. Then at the rear the ground is on the main earth point on the body from the battery. The amp is single channel 600w. Everything is working i just have no control over it!

·
Shiney blingy bling bling!!
562 Posts
the switch on the amp should be on lpf.

how many rca's you got on the hu - sounds like it might be a setting on the HU. If it's got 3 sets of RCA's then you need to plug the bass controller into the SUB RCA's and if you already have then like before, check settings on HU.

The remote switching shouldnt be a problem as it's just a power switcher to work with the ignition, so that your amps aren't constantly on when the HU is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts