Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guy's got a non std turbo on a GTS-T?

I have had a few probs with my turbo after a re-build and had to send it back, but on return still no better :mad:

So i have been thinking about fitting a HKS GT2540

Has any1 looked into a turbo up-grade? and what did you find??

Cheers

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well!!!! i sent it away to get it up-rated with steel internals etc as one of the oil seals had started to leak, when the company i used got it they said they couldn't up-rate it and just did a STD re-build

I got it back on the car and it sounded like it was a charger not a turbo:( so it came back off and went back to them, they said that one of the wheels was running in contact with the housing (they didn't know why!!!) and so they were going to machine it to give better clearance:)

Got it back and...................the same noise but not as bad:mad: so rang them and they told me that they hadn't change the bearing in it but it was OK and that they couldn't get a new one and it couldn't be up-rated to a thrust bearing and there wasn't a lot else they could do:mad: :mad: :mad:

so for the £295 + VAT that i paid them all i got was new oil seals and a skyline that sounds like a milk float:( :( :(

so was thinking of just getting a new up-grade

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've got a Turbo Technics (I think) T35 Hybrid on mine. It's a bit laggy, but is good for running quite high boost levels (I've been told 1.5-1.6 bar)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi scoobster,

Sorry to here about the bad service from the company you used! :(
Just for everybodies reference what company did you use for the rebuild?
Universal turbos are usually really good along with turbo technics.
When sending off a turbo for a recon/rebuild you must look at the price as if someone can do a decent rebuild/upgrade for that money then the are selling themselves short!!

Regards

Dave:(

·
White and the Lemon
282 Posts
turbo

hello skyline people
im new to here im a freind of garry at jap salon:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: .
i sent my turbo to turbo technics its good for 1.8 bar with an uprated acuator it cost £1000:40oz: :40oz: :40oz: :40oz: :40oz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts